World renowned player boosts festival
WYMONDHAM Music Festival's flagship concert this year promises to be a musical treat. World-renowned euphonium player David Childs will be bringing his brass quartet to Wymondham Abbey on Saturday at 7.
WYMONDHAM Music Festival's flagship concert this year promises to be a musical treat.
World-renowned euphonium player David Childs will be bringing his brass quartet to Wymondham Abbey on Saturday at 7.30 pm.
Tickets are £12 (£2 for children) for tickets bought on the door. If bought before the day of the concert a £1 discount will apply.
Tickets are available from the Book Fountain in Wharton's Court, Wymondham or from the festival office, tel: 01953 601939.
You may also want to watch:
The David Childs Quartet has a unique combination of instruments - trumpet and cornet, flugel horn, French horn, euphonium and trombone.
The varied programme will feature a mix of classical transcriptions, arrangements from David's sister Lisa and solo showpieces from David.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
The Childs family name has been synonymous with the euphonium for two generations.
Father Robert has been a leader in the brass world for 30 years and David has become one of the world's finest brass soloists.
In 2000 he was the first ever euphonium soloist to win the BBC Young Musician of the Year, and has continued to wow audiences.
The band members are Lisa Childs (cornet), Oliver Fitzgerald-Lombard (French horn, Joanne Deane (flugel horn and David Childs.