South Norfolk ready for Royal Wedding celebrations
Residents are preparing to roll out the bunting for the wedding of the decade as south Norfolk gets into the royal party spirit.
People across the district are gearing up to celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton in two weeks with a host of free events.
While thousands of revellers are set to line the streets of London on Friday, April 29, several street parties, Royal Wedding screenings and fetes are being planned to mark the occasion and the extra bank holiday.
More than 50 events are being organised in Norfolk and Suffolk and 11 of those will be taking place in the Mercury area.
Street parties, beer festivals, fireworks, big screens and prince and princess contests are all being planned to celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey.
You may also want to watch:
In Attleborough, St Mary's Church will be showing the wedding on a large screen inside the church. Eventgoers are also being asked to bring a picnic to eat in the hall or churchyard after the service. A Royal Wedding party will take place at Fairland Green, Hingham, from 3pm and around 300 children are expected to attend. There will also be a tea party for the OAPs and a hog roast and music at Lincoln Hall in the evening.
Street parties and road closures will also take place in West Church Street and East Church Street, in Kenninghall, The Street, in Tharston, and Wild Radish Close, Mulbarton. A village party will run from 2pm at The Barn at Friars Farm in Morningthorpe.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
There will also be a host of family fun days, including crafts, games, competitions, and wedding re-enactment at Carleton Rode Village Hall and a Royal Wedding party on the green at Banham, from 10.30am on April 29, with a big screen, traditional games, Watton Silver Band and sing-along, pony and trap rides, races, competitions, BBQ, free tea and coffee.
A Royal Wedding family fun day will take place at Bunwell Village Hall from 9.30am, with a wedding breakfast, high tea, BBQ, and fun and games from lunchtime. A big cinema screen will also show the Royal Wedding live.
Are you planning a royal wedding event? Contact Stephanie Brooks 01379 651176 or email email@example.com