South Norfolk ready for Royal Wedding celebrations
Residents are preparing to roll out the bunting for the wedding of the decade as south Norfolk gets into the royal party spirit.
People across the district are gearing up to celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton in two weeks with a host of free events.
While thousands of revellers are set to line the streets of London on Friday, April 29, several street parties, Royal Wedding screenings and fetes are being planned to mark the occasion and the extra bank holiday.
More than 50 events are being organised in Norfolk and Suffolk and 11 of those will be taking place in the Mercury area.
Street parties, beer festivals, fireworks, big screens and prince and princess contests are all being planned to celebrate the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey.
You may also want to watch:
In Attleborough, St Mary's Church will be showing the wedding on a large screen inside the church. Eventgoers are also being asked to bring a picnic to eat in the hall or churchyard after the service. A Royal Wedding party will take place at Fairland Green, Hingham, from 3pm and around 300 children are expected to attend. There will also be a tea party for the OAPs and a hog roast and music at Lincoln Hall in the evening.
Street parties and road closures will also take place in West Church Street and East Church Street, in Kenninghall, The Street, in Tharston, and Wild Radish Close, Mulbarton. A village party will run from 2pm at The Barn at Friars Farm in Morningthorpe.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
There will also be a host of family fun days, including crafts, games, competitions, and wedding re-enactment at Carleton Rode Village Hall and a Royal Wedding party on the green at Banham, from 10.30am on April 29, with a big screen, traditional games, Watton Silver Band and sing-along, pony and trap rides, races, competitions, BBQ, free tea and coffee.
A Royal Wedding family fun day will take place at Bunwell Village Hall from 9.30am, with a wedding breakfast, high tea, BBQ, and fun and games from lunchtime. A big cinema screen will also show the Royal Wedding live.
Are you planning a royal wedding event? Contact Stephanie Brooks 01379 651176 or email email@example.com