Find out when Santa is coming to your town or village
- Credit: Archant
Santa Claus is coming to towns and villages across Norfolk this Christmas and will be making home visits so children don’t miss out with grottos unable to open.
The Banqueting Hire Service has been running for the last ten years, supplying parties, weddings and other events across East Anglia and decorating venues.
But due to coronavirus, it lost over 90pc of the year’s turnover due to cancelled bookings and owner David Robinson, 41, from Newton Flotman, began thinking about how to adapt.
He has decided to use his event experience to run Santa home visits this Christmas, as he didn’t want his own children Cole, three, and Clark, seven, to miss out and thought many other parents would feel the same.
The Santa visits will start on November 28 and run throughout December with different towns and villages each day, which includes Wymondham, Stoke Holy Cross and Long Stratton.
You may also want to watch:
The man in red will arrive on a sleigh, which will be pulled by a Christmas truck, and will come to the door with his elves - each visit is for up to three children from the same household.
When booking, parents will need to give their child’s name, what they want for Christmas and their teacher’s name and all visits will be at the doorstep, with a two metre distance to adhere to social distancing.
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 10 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
Before Santa leaves, he will give children some environmentally-friendly reindeer food to sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve and a personalised magic key so he can get through the front door.
Mr Robinson said: “I came up with this Santa thing as we are family-run and I thought about my children missing out with a lot of grottos closing down.
“You only get a certain amount of ‘I believe’ years and whereas we are all on pause with coronavirus, children will never get that time back and my boys love Christmas.
“The reaction has been really good so far and we sold 160 visits in under 24 hours.”
Visits cost £27.50 per household and you can book at banquetinghire.co.uk/santa
DATES ANNOUNCED SO FAR...
Long Stratton - November 28
Harleston - December 1
The Pulhams, Great Moulton & Aslacton - December 3
Poringland, Framingham Earl and Brooke - December 5 (SOLD OUT)
Trowse and Dussindale - December 8
Swainsthorpe, Dunston and Stoke Holy Cross - December 10
Newton Flotman, Tasbugh & Flordon - December 12
Mulbarton - December 13
Hempnall, Saxlingham, Shotesham and Topcroft - December 15
Wymondham - December 19
Join our new ‘Christmas in Norfolk’ Facebook group for all the latest festive updates.