Rocklands set for arts and crafts fair
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit.
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.
The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit. They include people working in painting, printmaking, sculpture, textiles, weaving, jewellery, ceramics, pewter and beadmaking.
Author, illustrator and Observer cartoonist Chris Riddell will be on hand to draw quick portraits of children.
Prof Bryn Manley, an artist with works in major collections in both the USA and Britain, organised spring term workshops for children from
You may also want to watch:
Rocklands, Caston and Great Ellingham schools offering children a chance to explore working without restrictions on a large scale in both painting and drawing.
An exhibition of this work will be held in one of the barns.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
The grounds and gardens of the manor house will host larger sculptures and a craftsmen demonstrating their skills, along with plants for sale.
Performing live will be The Rum Brothers, from Norwich, and the Kenninghall morris dancers.
The family event will raise funds for Rockland St Peter Church, and entry is: adults, £3; 11-16 years, £1; under-11s, free.