Rocklands set for arts and crafts fair
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit.
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.
The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit. They include people working in painting, printmaking, sculpture, textiles, weaving, jewellery, ceramics, pewter and beadmaking.
Author, illustrator and Observer cartoonist Chris Riddell will be on hand to draw quick portraits of children.
Prof Bryn Manley, an artist with works in major collections in both the USA and Britain, organised spring term workshops for children from
Rocklands, Caston and Great Ellingham schools offering children a chance to explore working without restrictions on a large scale in both painting and drawing.
An exhibition of this work will be held in one of the barns.
- 1 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 2 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 3 Obituary: Head caretaker with 'cheeky grin' dies days before birthday
- 4 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 5 Town holding first annual food and drink festival with live entertainment
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Couple put extraordinary barn conversion with church views up for sale
- 8 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 9 Obituary: Skilled engineer known as 'silly grandad' dies aged 82
- 10 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
The grounds and gardens of the manor house will host larger sculptures and a craftsmen demonstrating their skills, along with plants for sale.
Performing live will be The Rum Brothers, from Norwich, and the Kenninghall morris dancers.
The family event will raise funds for Rockland St Peter Church, and entry is: adults, £3; 11-16 years, £1; under-11s, free.