Rocklands set for arts and crafts fair
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit.
ROCKLANDS Art and Crafts Fair will be held in the barns of Rockland Manor, at Rockland St Peter, on Sunday, August 31.
The event will be open from 11am to 5pm, and a broad range of artists and craftspeople has been invited to exhibit. They include people working in painting, printmaking, sculpture, textiles, weaving, jewellery, ceramics, pewter and beadmaking.
Author, illustrator and Observer cartoonist Chris Riddell will be on hand to draw quick portraits of children.
Prof Bryn Manley, an artist with works in major collections in both the USA and Britain, organised spring term workshops for children from
You may also want to watch:
Rocklands, Caston and Great Ellingham schools offering children a chance to explore working without restrictions on a large scale in both painting and drawing.
An exhibition of this work will be held in one of the barns.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
The grounds and gardens of the manor house will host larger sculptures and a craftsmen demonstrating their skills, along with plants for sale.
Performing live will be The Rum Brothers, from Norwich, and the Kenninghall morris dancers.
The family event will raise funds for Rockland St Peter Church, and entry is: adults, £3; 11-16 years, £1; under-11s, free.