An afternoon of cinema commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Ex-Services' club is preparing to host a special cinema screening commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.
On Sunday, April 8 at 2.30pm, the Regal Cinema will be screening, '633 Squadron' at Wymondham Ex-Services' club.
Released in 1964, 633 Squadron sees Cliff Robertson play Wing Commander Roy Grant, an American ex-Eagle Squadron pilot who joins the RAF and is tasked with leading 633 Squadron on a perilous mission to destroy a Nazi V2 rocket fuel plant in Norway.
Also starring are George Chakiris, Maria Perschy and Donald Houston, the movie's musical score, composed by Ron Goodwin, became a popular piece of film music.
Trailing the feature will be an RAF recruitment film from 1962, and a display of rare RAF film related memorabilia.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are £5 with concessions available via 01953 603246 or from Simply Cards, Market Street, Wymondham.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the RAF wings appeal.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote