An afternoon of cinema commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Ex-Services' club is preparing to host a special cinema screening commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.
On Sunday, April 8 at 2.30pm, the Regal Cinema will be screening, '633 Squadron' at Wymondham Ex-Services' club.
Released in 1964, 633 Squadron sees Cliff Robertson play Wing Commander Roy Grant, an American ex-Eagle Squadron pilot who joins the RAF and is tasked with leading 633 Squadron on a perilous mission to destroy a Nazi V2 rocket fuel plant in Norway.
Also starring are George Chakiris, Maria Perschy and Donald Houston, the movie's musical score, composed by Ron Goodwin, became a popular piece of film music.
Trailing the feature will be an RAF recruitment film from 1962, and a display of rare RAF film related memorabilia.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are £5 with concessions available via 01953 603246 or from Simply Cards, Market Street, Wymondham.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the RAF wings appeal.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000