An afternoon of cinema commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Ex-Services' club is preparing to host a special cinema screening commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.
On Sunday, April 8 at 2.30pm, the Regal Cinema will be screening, '633 Squadron' at Wymondham Ex-Services' club.
Released in 1964, 633 Squadron sees Cliff Robertson play Wing Commander Roy Grant, an American ex-Eagle Squadron pilot who joins the RAF and is tasked with leading 633 Squadron on a perilous mission to destroy a Nazi V2 rocket fuel plant in Norway.
Also starring are George Chakiris, Maria Perschy and Donald Houston, the movie's musical score, composed by Ron Goodwin, became a popular piece of film music.
Trailing the feature will be an RAF recruitment film from 1962, and a display of rare RAF film related memorabilia.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are £5 with concessions available via 01953 603246 or from Simply Cards, Market Street, Wymondham.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the RAF wings appeal.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney