An afternoon of cinema commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham Ex-Services' club is preparing to host a special cinema screening commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.
On Sunday, April 8 at 2.30pm, the Regal Cinema will be screening, '633 Squadron' at Wymondham Ex-Services' club.
Released in 1964, 633 Squadron sees Cliff Robertson play Wing Commander Roy Grant, an American ex-Eagle Squadron pilot who joins the RAF and is tasked with leading 633 Squadron on a perilous mission to destroy a Nazi V2 rocket fuel plant in Norway.
Also starring are George Chakiris, Maria Perschy and Donald Houston, the movie's musical score, composed by Ron Goodwin, became a popular piece of film music.
Trailing the feature will be an RAF recruitment film from 1962, and a display of rare RAF film related memorabilia.
Tickets, which are £5 with concessions available via 01953 603246 or from Simply Cards, Market Street, Wymondham.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the RAF wings appeal.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 4 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 6 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot