Quiz session will help fire-hit school
IT'S time to put on those thinking caps to help a school near Wymondham to recover from a fire.Kim Sergeant, a parent and neighbour of Barnham Broom Primary, is to put the proceeds of a fun quiz session he is running at the village hall on Saturday, March 15, (7pm for 7.
IT'S time to put on those thinking caps to help a school near Wymondham to recover from a fire.
Kim Sergeant, a parent and neighbour of Barnham Broom Primary, is to put the proceeds of a fun quiz session he is running at the village hall on Saturday, March 15, (7pm for 7.30pm) towards the drive to re-equip the school.
The fire - being treated as arson - broke out at the newly-reburbished school in January, destroying the main activity room, damaging a classroom and ruining thousands of pounds of educational and play equipment.
Afterwards, people from across the county gave money, books and toys after reading about the plight of the children and staff there in the Mercury and our sister paper, the Eastern Daily Press.
You may also want to watch:
Kim, whose daughter Eve is a pupil, said: “It is a fabulous school. Hopefully, we will be able to help to raise money for a particular piece of equipment or whatever else the headmaster needs to buy.”
Kim has organised quizzes in the past for the school and for the local playgroup.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
Entry will be £25 per team of four, including supper, and there are likely to be picture rounds and questions on sport, music and general knowledge.
Call Kim on 01603 759334 if you would like to enter a team for the event.
The school is gradually returning to normal after the fire. A progress report on the recovery and restoration work can be seen at www.barnhambroom.norfolk.sch.uk