Picture show of festival highlights
Wymondham Music Festival is putting on an exhibition of photographs of the 2008 event in the town's new library.It runs from Wednesday, December 10 until Friday, December 19.
Wymondham Music Festival is putting on an exhibition of photographs of the 2008 event in the town's new library.
It runs from Wednesday, December 10 until Friday, December 19. Entry will be free, and the exhibition will be open during normal library opening hours.
The exhibition will show off a selection of photographs taken by the festival's official photographer, Anna Meek, covering indoor and outdoor events.
Festival chairman John Wood said: “Anna has put together a wonderful selection of photos that makes you realise the range and variety of events in the very special festival we have here in Wymondham.”
You may also want to watch:
2008 was the first year that the festival committee appointed an official photographer. Anna, a local amateur, is an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society. She was at one time chairman of the Wymondham Photographic Society and has been a national competition judge for over 30 years.
“Photographing the festival been a fascinating challenge”, she said. “The sheer number of events means I have taken over three thousand pictures during the Festival!”
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
She added that although outdoor venues are generally easier to photograph, the wet summer presented its own challenges.
Barbara Randall, the festival's events organiser, is pleased to have this opportunity to show Anna's work. She said: “It's been a delight to have Anna as part of the festival team this year. She's turned out to virtually all our events and has put in many hours of work preparing photographs for display. The results are a wonderful record of the most successful festival since we began back in 1996.” Barbara added that the festival committee was grateful to Norfolk Library Services for allowing the exhibition to be held in the new library. “It's good to use the new bigger library - it's a great building for this sort of thing. It just wouldn't have worked in the old library - it was far too cramped!”
Further details from Barbara Randall on 01953 601939, or visit the festival's website www.wymfestival.org.uk