Picture show of festival highlights
Wymondham Music Festival is putting on an exhibition of photographs of the 2008 event in the town's new library.It runs from Wednesday, December 10 until Friday, December 19.
Wymondham Music Festival is putting on an exhibition of photographs of the 2008 event in the town's new library.
It runs from Wednesday, December 10 until Friday, December 19. Entry will be free, and the exhibition will be open during normal library opening hours.
The exhibition will show off a selection of photographs taken by the festival's official photographer, Anna Meek, covering indoor and outdoor events.
Festival chairman John Wood said: “Anna has put together a wonderful selection of photos that makes you realise the range and variety of events in the very special festival we have here in Wymondham.”
2008 was the first year that the festival committee appointed an official photographer. Anna, a local amateur, is an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society. She was at one time chairman of the Wymondham Photographic Society and has been a national competition judge for over 30 years.
“Photographing the festival been a fascinating challenge”, she said. “The sheer number of events means I have taken over three thousand pictures during the Festival!”
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
She added that although outdoor venues are generally easier to photograph, the wet summer presented its own challenges.
Barbara Randall, the festival's events organiser, is pleased to have this opportunity to show Anna's work. She said: “It's been a delight to have Anna as part of the festival team this year. She's turned out to virtually all our events and has put in many hours of work preparing photographs for display. The results are a wonderful record of the most successful festival since we began back in 1996.” Barbara added that the festival committee was grateful to Norfolk Library Services for allowing the exhibition to be held in the new library. “It's good to use the new bigger library - it's a great building for this sort of thing. It just wouldn't have worked in the old library - it was far too cramped!”
Further details from Barbara Randall on 01953 601939, or visit the festival's website www.wymfestival.org.uk