Orchestra hosts violin maestro
Wymondham Symphony Orchestra will accompany virtuoso violinist Alexander Sitkovetsky in a performance of Beethoven's violin concerto in the town's abbey at 7.
Wymondham Symphony Orchestra will accompany virtuoso violinist Alexander Sitkovetsky in a performance of Beethoven's violin concerto in the town's abbey at 7.30pm on Saturday.
The orchestra is joined by the Moscow-born virtuoso who has given concerts throughout Europe, Russia and the USA and, in 2006, won the prestigious Haverhill Sinfonia Soloists Competition.
More at home at the Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Wigmore Hall or St John's Smith Square in London, Sitkovetsky can be heard in in an inspiring local setting.
The orchestra will also be showing off their talents with Brahms' stirring Academic Festival Overture and the beautiful melodies and passionate drama of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No 5 in E minor.
You may also want to watch:
The leader of the orchestra, Ralph Chadwick, said: “This concert features great orchestral works by three giants. Whether it's bringing out the lush harmonies of the Tchaikovsky or the fiery passion of the Beethoven, we are all looking forward to getting our teeth into this music.
“Our concerts frequently sell out so you are advised to get your tickets early!”
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
Tickets at £9, £8 concessions, £2 children from Book Fountain and Prelude Records.
More information from Brian Randall on 01953 601939 or visit the orchestra website, www.wymondham