Theatre company prepares to put on Shakespeare classic
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company celebrating its 40th year will be performing a classic Shakespeare play this month.
Old Buckenham Players are putting on The Bard's last and possibly strangest work The Tempest.
The story is set on a remote island following a storm in a journey of magic, murder-plots, romance and humour.
Players committee member Tom Key said: 'A tremendously challenging production in both the technical and theatrical sense, there is more than the odd surprise in store for the audience members when it comes to staging, lighting and indeed costumes.
'We can guarantee your enjoyment and appreciation of the efforts of all involved, whether you're a seasoned Shakespeare goer or not.'
You may also want to watch:
The Tempest will run from May 17-19 at 7.30pm. Tickets can be bought for £8 from Old Buckenham Stores and Nuts 'n' Bolts in Attleborough, or by calling 01953 851946.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham