Theatre company prepares to put on Shakespeare classic
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company celebrating its 40th year will be performing a classic Shakespeare play this month.
Old Buckenham Players are putting on The Bard's last and possibly strangest work The Tempest.
The story is set on a remote island following a storm in a journey of magic, murder-plots, romance and humour.
Players committee member Tom Key said: 'A tremendously challenging production in both the technical and theatrical sense, there is more than the odd surprise in store for the audience members when it comes to staging, lighting and indeed costumes.
'We can guarantee your enjoyment and appreciation of the efforts of all involved, whether you're a seasoned Shakespeare goer or not.'
You may also want to watch:
The Tempest will run from May 17-19 at 7.30pm. Tickets can be bought for £8 from Old Buckenham Stores and Nuts 'n' Bolts in Attleborough, or by calling 01953 851946.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?