Theatre company prepares to put on Shakespeare classic
- Credit: Archant
An amateur dramatics company celebrating its 40th year will be performing a classic Shakespeare play this month.
Old Buckenham Players are putting on The Bard's last and possibly strangest work The Tempest.
The story is set on a remote island following a storm in a journey of magic, murder-plots, romance and humour.
Players committee member Tom Key said: 'A tremendously challenging production in both the technical and theatrical sense, there is more than the odd surprise in store for the audience members when it comes to staging, lighting and indeed costumes.
'We can guarantee your enjoyment and appreciation of the efforts of all involved, whether you're a seasoned Shakespeare goer or not.'
The Tempest will run from May 17-19 at 7.30pm. Tickets can be bought for £8 from Old Buckenham Stores and Nuts 'n' Bolts in Attleborough, or by calling 01953 851946.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe