Music festival's weekend launch
SUMMER officially starts on Saturday - according to the organisers of Wymondham's annual music festival.On that day they will be launching the colourful 2008 programme setting out a summer of music on offer in the town.
SUMMER officially starts on Saturday - according to the organisers of Wymondham's annual music
On that day they will be launching the colourful 2008 programme setting out a summer of music on offer in the town.
With live music from Red Beans 'n' Rice jazz band, the launch will take place in Wymondham Market Place soon after 10am, and local weatherman Jim Bacon from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest will be on hand to wish the festival sunny days.
You may also want to watch:
It's your chance to get hold of a free copy of the programme which lists over 80 events through until the autumn.
New this year, the festival committee has put together a Gold Ticket package. If you come to the Market Place on Saturday there's a chance you may be the lucky winner of a complete set worth £85. The set contains two free tickets for eight of the Festivalconcerts and gigs.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
“We're always looking for new ways to make our event accessible,” said festival chairman John Wood, “so this year we're offering the Gold Ticket package. But if that's not for you, a discount is also available on individual tickets,” he added. “If you get your tickets before the day of the concert, we'll knock £1 off the price. Festival event tickets will be available from Saturday at our 2008 ticket outlet at The Fountain Bookshop in Wharton's Court”.
If you would like to buy a Gold Ticket package, which gives you a 37pc discount and saves you £47, ring the festival office on 01953 601939.
The 2008 programme is packed full of music events taking place in Wymondham throughout the summer. Nearly 50 of these are in festival fortnight starting on Saturday, June 21. The programme includes jazz, classical, folk, rock and world music events, many of which are either free or have affordable ticket prices.
Although nearly half the events are arranged by the festival organisers, many are put on by local musical groups, clubs or individuals.
Following the launch, the free programme will be available from libraries, shops, pubs, Tourist Information Centres and many other outlets throughout South Norfolk.
For further information, call Barbara Randall on 01953 601939 or visit the festival website at www.wymfestival.org.uk.