Music festival's weekend launch
SUMMER officially starts on Saturday - according to the organisers of Wymondham's annual music festival.On that day they will be launching the colourful 2008 programme setting out a summer of music on offer in the town.
SUMMER officially starts on Saturday - according to the organisers of Wymondham's annual music
On that day they will be launching the colourful 2008 programme setting out a summer of music on offer in the town.
With live music from Red Beans 'n' Rice jazz band, the launch will take place in Wymondham Market Place soon after 10am, and local weatherman Jim Bacon from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest will be on hand to wish the festival sunny days.
It's your chance to get hold of a free copy of the programme which lists over 80 events through until the autumn.
New this year, the festival committee has put together a Gold Ticket package. If you come to the Market Place on Saturday there's a chance you may be the lucky winner of a complete set worth £85. The set contains two free tickets for eight of the Festivalconcerts and gigs.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Church with planning permission for home conversion up for auction
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
“We're always looking for new ways to make our event accessible,” said festival chairman John Wood, “so this year we're offering the Gold Ticket package. But if that's not for you, a discount is also available on individual tickets,” he added. “If you get your tickets before the day of the concert, we'll knock £1 off the price. Festival event tickets will be available from Saturday at our 2008 ticket outlet at The Fountain Bookshop in Wharton's Court”.
If you would like to buy a Gold Ticket package, which gives you a 37pc discount and saves you £47, ring the festival office on 01953 601939.
The 2008 programme is packed full of music events taking place in Wymondham throughout the summer. Nearly 50 of these are in festival fortnight starting on Saturday, June 21. The programme includes jazz, classical, folk, rock and world music events, many of which are either free or have affordable ticket prices.
Although nearly half the events are arranged by the festival organisers, many are put on by local musical groups, clubs or individuals.
Following the launch, the free programme will be available from libraries, shops, pubs, Tourist Information Centres and many other outlets throughout South Norfolk.
For further information, call Barbara Randall on 01953 601939 or visit the festival website at www.wymfestival.org.uk.