Hollywood great backs Rotary film show
HOLLYWOOD star Tony Curtis has endorsed a Wymondham Rotary Club screening of his classic film, Some Like It Hot.Curtis offered his support while meeting members of the Regal Experience Group who were on a visit to the USA.
HOLLYWOOD star Tony Curtis has endorsed a Wymondham Rotary Club screening of his classic film, Some
Like It Hot.
Curtis offered his support while meeting members of the Regal Experience Group who were on a visit to the USA. He had been told of the screening by group chairman and projectionist Michael Armstrong.
The showing of the 1959 classic, which also stars Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon, is at Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club in the former Regal Cinema on Sunday, March 30 at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will go to the Rotary Club's nominated charity for this year.
All tickets are £5, available from Richard Elliott on 01603 810544, from Geo R Reeve in Market Street, Wymondham, or on the door.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
The film tells the story of two musicians, played by Curtis and Lemmon, who witness the St Valentine's Day Massacre and flee to Miami as two girl musicians and join an all-girl band that includes Monroe, playing singer Sugar Kane.