Helpers needed for Abbey events
Wymondham Abbey is something of a local concert hot spot, especially during the spring and summer months. Scarcely a week passes without a variety of musical events, both professional and amateur, many in association with Wymondham Music Festival.
Wymondham Abbey is something of a local concert hot spot, especially during the spring and summer months.
Scarcely a week passes without a variety of musical events, both professional and amateur, many in association with Wymondham Music Festival.
But preparing for events and putting everything back together afterwards, requires many willing hands. Mike Hudson, who co-ordinates the Abbey's stewards' team, said: 'We do our very best to look after performers and audiences. But with lights to set up, refreshments to serve, seats and fittings to move before and after events, it can be quite a daunting task. It would be great to recruit some more able-bodied stewards to help.'
Mike explained that there are usually six people 'on duty' for evening concerts, and most people put their names down for three or four concerts of their choice during the year.
You may also want to watch:
In return, for their efforts, stewards get to hear some really wonderful music for free.
If you would like to find out more or join the team, contact Mike Hudson on 01953 603688.
- 1 Daily coronavirus cases in Norfolk soar again
- 2 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 3 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 4 Lotus Cars ‘larger than life’ designer dies aged 76
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 9 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 10 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?