Helpers needed for Abbey events
Wymondham Abbey is something of a local concert hot spot, especially during the spring and summer months. Scarcely a week passes without a variety of musical events, both professional and amateur, many in association with Wymondham Music Festival.
Wymondham Abbey is something of a local concert hot spot, especially during the spring and summer months.
Scarcely a week passes without a variety of musical events, both professional and amateur, many in association with Wymondham Music Festival.
But preparing for events and putting everything back together afterwards, requires many willing hands. Mike Hudson, who co-ordinates the Abbey's stewards' team, said: 'We do our very best to look after performers and audiences. But with lights to set up, refreshments to serve, seats and fittings to move before and after events, it can be quite a daunting task. It would be great to recruit some more able-bodied stewards to help.'
Mike explained that there are usually six people 'on duty' for evening concerts, and most people put their names down for three or four concerts of their choice during the year.
You may also want to watch:
In return, for their efforts, stewards get to hear some really wonderful music for free.
If you would like to find out more or join the team, contact Mike Hudson on 01953 603688.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months