When will vegan burger come to Norfolk's McDonalds?
- Credit: Archant
McDonalds is set to introduce a new plant-based burger for vegans, which will be trialled at selected Norfolk restaurants later this year.
The fast-food chain says the new McPlant burger offers the “same great taste and experience you would expect from a McDonald’s burger”.
From September 29, the new burger will be trialled in 10 restaurants in Coventry and from October 13, a further 250 plus sites will see it introduced — including 20 sites across Norfolk and Waveney.
McDonalds hope to roll out the McPlant nationwide in 2022.
The new burger features a plant-based patty co-developed with Beyond Meat as well as vegan sesame seed bun, mustard, ketchup, vegan sauce, fresh onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato and vegan cheese.
It is cooked separately from other McDonald’s burgers and sandwiches using dedicated meat-free utensils.
Michelle Graham-Clare, chief marketing officer, said: “As with every McDonald’s offering, we take our time to ensure it meets the highest standards and is something that all our customers will enjoy.
- 1 How Attleborough's 4,000 homes scheme is being speeded up
- 2 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 3 Several emergency services crews attend crash at Old Buckenham
- 4 'Wynterfest' coming to Norfolk town with stalls, mulled wine and alpacas
- 5 17th century farmhouse on edge of 70-acre woodland is for sale
- 6 Henry, seven, reads bedtime stories to care home residents every night
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Garden centre to be transformed into enchanted forest this Christmas
- 9 Sheep flock attacked by pet dogs twice in three days
- 10 A11 road closure at Thickthorn roundabout causing delays
“We’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
To check where you can get a McPlant from October 13 visit here, https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/latest-updates/mcplant.html.