Family plans special charity night
A fundraising night for a charity which deals with an incurable cancer of the bone marrow is taking place in Wymondham later this year.Siobhan Burke and her family, who live in Wymondham, are setting out to support UK Myeloma Awareness Week with their "Disco Delight Fundraising Night" on Saturday, June 28 at Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club.
A fundraising night for a charity which deals with an incurable cancer of the bone marrow is taking place in Wymondham later this year.
Siobhan Burke and her family, who live in Wymondham, are setting out to support UK Myeloma Awareness Week with their "Disco Delight Fundraising Night" on Saturday, June 28 at Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club.
The family has already raised over £13,000 for the charity. Ten people are diagnosed with Myeloma every day and Myeloma UK provides support to patients and their familes as well as funding research and raising awareness through education and partnership with medical experts.
The family has raised money through various events from indoor fetes to supermarket collections and even a 32-mile beach walk.
You may also want to watch:
Siobhan Burke, whose father Tony was diagnosed with Myeloma in 2001, said: " It will be a great night out with good music and a chance to strut your stuff in aid of a great cause. What better way to make a difference than by having a good time?"
The family say that their events have always been well supported and they hope that the local community will get behind them again this time around.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
If you are interested in attending, tickets are available from Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club and Geo. R. Reeves of Wymondham at a cost of £5 (including buffet). A grand raffle will also be drawn on the evening which starts at 7.30pm. It is a ticket only event.