Family plans special charity night
A fundraising night for a charity which deals with an incurable cancer of the bone marrow is taking place in Wymondham later this year.Siobhan Burke and her family, who live in Wymondham, are setting out to support UK Myeloma Awareness Week with their "Disco Delight Fundraising Night" on Saturday, June 28 at Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club.
A fundraising night for a charity which deals with an incurable cancer of the bone marrow is taking place in Wymondham later this year.
Siobhan Burke and her family, who live in Wymondham, are setting out to support UK Myeloma Awareness Week with their "Disco Delight Fundraising Night" on Saturday, June 28 at Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club.
The family has already raised over £13,000 for the charity. Ten people are diagnosed with Myeloma every day and Myeloma UK provides support to patients and their familes as well as funding research and raising awareness through education and partnership with medical experts.
The family has raised money through various events from indoor fetes to supermarket collections and even a 32-mile beach walk.
You may also want to watch:
Siobhan Burke, whose father Tony was diagnosed with Myeloma in 2001, said: " It will be a great night out with good music and a chance to strut your stuff in aid of a great cause. What better way to make a difference than by having a good time?"
The family say that their events have always been well supported and they hope that the local community will get behind them again this time around.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
If you are interested in attending, tickets are available from Wymondham Ex-Servicemen's Club and Geo. R. Reeves of Wymondham at a cost of £5 (including buffet). A grand raffle will also be drawn on the evening which starts at 7.30pm. It is a ticket only event.