Fairytale tour to introduce youngsters to magic of performing
- Credit: Pyjama Drama
A drama group dedicated to introducing young children to the magic of performing has been undertaking a summer tour of fairytales.
Pyjama Drama Mid Norfolk launched a summer long tour that has been visiting Wymondham, Attleborough, Old Buckenham, Saham Toney and Yaxham each week throughout the holidays.
Each date consists of a mixture of interactive sessions and performances that will see children from six months to seven years sing, dance and pretend their way through fairytale themed shows.
Professional actor Paul Andrew Goldsmith, who has a host of TV, film and theatre credits, runs the group which has also worked with schools.
He said: 'The work I've done so far has received such amazing feedback from public sessions to schools and nurseries. It's been so wonderful seeing developments in areas such as confidence in the children I've worked with and I was so proud to become a finalist in the recent 'Muddy Stilettos' awards.
You may also want to watch:
'I believe that imagination so important to really open minds; and to be able to be part of that is something really special.'
Fairytale sessions continue at Village Hall, Bell Lane, Saham Toney on August 24 (9.40am/10.40am); Old Buckenham Village Hall on August 24 (9.40am/10.40am); and Connaught Hall, Attleborough, on August 29 (1.10pm/2.10pm).
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
Meanwhile there will be interactive performances at Fairland Hall, Wymondham, of The Road to Treasure Island on August 27 (11am-12pm) and The Real Adventures of the Gingerbread Man on August 30 (3pm-4pm).
Ticket details at www.pyjamadrama.com