Extra service at Wymondham Abbey
FROM Easter Sunday Wymondham Abbey will be putting on an extra weekly church service for Christians in the town. The present main Sunday service is very popular with many people, and frequently full to capacity.
FROM Easter Sunday Wymondham Abbey will be putting on an extra weekly church service for Christians in the town.
The present main Sunday service is very popular with many people, and frequently full to capacity. However, the Vicar of Wymondham, Canon Christopher Davies, feels that there is also a real need for another service a little earlier in the day.
“We want to try something quite different,” he said. “Our current worship in the Abbey is fairly traditional and formal in feel. From the comments I hear, many people in the parish would welcome a more informal style of worship. We want to offer something that families, younger people and those new to the church will feel at home with. Perhaps the earlier time will also enable people to come along to church before going out for the day.”
The new service will include a mixture of traditional hymns and modern worship songs.
You may also want to watch:
A small band of singers has begun practising, and the Abbey hopes in due course to form a music group of singers and musicians playing a variety of instruments.
The service will start at 9.15, and will last for about 45 minutes. The current Sung Eucharist will move to the later time of 10.30. For the launch on Easter Sunday, the new service will be followed by a children's Easter egg hunt around the Abbey.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'