Drama in the coffee shop
There will be more drama in the coffee shop at Waitrose in Wymondham later this month as the supermarket hosts another short play on a topical theme.Local playwright, Tony Vale, has penned another eight-minute production, this time to mark the start of national Recycle Week on June 22.
There will be more drama in the coffee shop at Waitrose in Wymondham later this month as the supermarket hosts another short play on a topical theme.
Local playwright, Tony Vale, has penned another eight-minute production, this time to mark the start of national Recycle Week on June 22.
Tony's latest creation is called 'Bags for Life' and it features a conversation between an upmarket recyclable Bag for Life and a downtrodden, expendable carrier bag. The parts are again played by Richard Crawley and Tony's wife, Georgette, with a guest appearance by Heather Carpenter of Wymondham Players.
Tony said: 'There is now a shopping bag hierarchy. A Bag for Life and a Carrier Bag reflect on their place in society and acknowledge that the hessian bag has premier status.'
There will performances of the play at 2pm and 2.45pm on June 22 and admission is free.
For more details contact Tony Vale on 01953 605434.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 3 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 4 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 9 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 10 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway