Wymondham jubilee event cancelled due to forecast thunderstorms
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham's jubilee festival has had to be postponed due to the yellow weather forecast.
The thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow (June 5) have prompted organisers to "save Wymondham’s big party for a better day (rather) than attempt it in a cold mud pit".
The Wymondham Jubilee Fest and Community Picnic was set to take place from 4pm to 6pm in Kett's Park.
Organisers had planned for live music, fair rides, games and more.
A new date for the event will be announced as soon as possible once the band and traders can confirm availability.
Other celebrations in the town will continue today (June 4) including the Jubilee Trail and those at the White Hart and the Green Dragon.
The jubilee picnic in Cringleford has similarly changed plans for the weather, moving into Cringleford School tomorrow at 12pm.
- 1 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
- 4 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
- 5 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 6 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 9 'It's frustrating' - Vandals damage medieval church's stained glass windows
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
Kessingland fireworks display has been cancelled, with other events in the village subject to cancellation.
Our Queen's Platinum Reign magazine is a tribute to Her Majesty's life and 70 years of service drawn from our archive. Find out more here.