6 private gardens opening to the public in Norfolk this September
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Scheme gives visitors access to 3,600 private gardens across England and Wales, which includes many in Norfolk.
Since its launch in 1927, the scheme has donated more than £60 million to its beneficiaries through admissions, teas and cake, which includes Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie and The Queen's Nursing Institute.
The 2021 Norfolk season will be brought to a close this autumn with six gardens opening in September and one in October.
Here is where you can visit in September:
1. 33 Waldemar Avenue, Hellesdon, NR6 6TB
When: Sunday, September 5, 10am-5pm
2. Holme Hale Hall, Holme Hale IP25 7ED
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 4 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 5 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 6 Town rocked by shooting of former mayor
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Neighbours mystified by shooting of councillor on quiet lane
- 9 Interactive map: Covid case rates above national average in one part of Norfolk
- 10 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300
Sunday, September 5, 12pm-4pm
3. Chapel Cottage, Rougham, PE32 2SE
Sunday, September 12, 10.30am-4.30pm
4. High House Gardens, Shipdham, IP25 7PU
Sunday, September 12, 2pm-5.30pm/Wednesday, September 15, 2pm-5.30pm
5. Manor House Farm, Coston, NR9 4DT
Sunday, September 19, 11am-5pm
6. Silverstone Farm, North Elmham, NR20 5EX
Sunday, September 19, 2pm-5pm
Finishing the 2021 season in October:
East Ruston Old Vicarage Garden, East Ruston, NR12 9HN
Saturday, October 16, 12pm-5pm
Tickets can be purchased at ngs.org.uk or on the gate and entry for children is free.