'It went crazy' - 1,500 going to Hot Air Balloon Festival at country park
- Credit: Old Buckenham Country Park
Excitement is rising ahead of the first Hot Air Balloon Festival this weekend, with the event now sold out.
The festival will take place at Old Buckenham Country Park from Friday, August 13 until Sunday, August 15 and it will feature 10 to 15 balloons.
The gates open at 12pm on Friday and across the three days there will also be live music, children's entertainment, a barbecue and beer festival, street food and a balloon evening glow up.
The event was first announced in late July, after all limits on social contact ended, and since then 1,500 tickets have been sold, which includes day, weekend and camping passes.
Leanne Whitman, campsite manager for Old Buckenham Country Park, said: "The owner of the site has a keen interest in hot air balloons and with the Bristol one cancelled it coincidentally worked in our favour.
"We have sold about 1,500 tickets and made the decision to sell out as it went crazy overnight and we wanted to keep it a fairly intimate event.
"We would like to do it every year if successful."
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 3 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 4 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Neighbours mystified by shooting of councillor on quiet lane
- 7 Town rocked by shooting of former mayor
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Interactive map: Covid case rates above national average in one part of Norfolk
- 10 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300