Come and join the rescue gang
A display by the Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue team is taking place in Bunwell on Saturday. The exercise will test the charity's search equipment and training in the light of the increasing demand for their services.
A display by the Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue team is taking place in Bunwell on Saturday.
The exercise will test the charity's search equipment and training in the light of the increasing demand for their services. The scenario will be based on the evacuation of a nursing home where - in the distress of having to leave - residents and staff are missing.
The team, which assists the emergency services in searching for missing people, will also be actively recruiting on the day.
Steve Fairbrass, chairman of the unit, said: “We have extended our search capability over the last year by broadening the skills within the team to meet the wide ranging demands on us.
You may also want to watch:
“However we are staffed by volunteers and we need to recruit new members of the team. They're our search resource and bring new skills and ideas into the team.”
The Norfolk group will be joined by members of other lowland search units from Cambridgeshire and Essex, as well as local police officers and members of USAR (Urban Search and Rescue - Norfolk Fire Service) search team.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters