Come and join the rescue gang
A display by the Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue team is taking place in Bunwell on Saturday. The exercise will test the charity's search equipment and training in the light of the increasing demand for their services.
A display by the Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue team is taking place in Bunwell on Saturday.
The exercise will test the charity's search equipment and training in the light of the increasing demand for their services. The scenario will be based on the evacuation of a nursing home where - in the distress of having to leave - residents and staff are missing.
The team, which assists the emergency services in searching for missing people, will also be actively recruiting on the day.
Steve Fairbrass, chairman of the unit, said: “We have extended our search capability over the last year by broadening the skills within the team to meet the wide ranging demands on us.
You may also want to watch:
“However we are staffed by volunteers and we need to recruit new members of the team. They're our search resource and bring new skills and ideas into the team.”
The Norfolk group will be joined by members of other lowland search units from Cambridgeshire and Essex, as well as local police officers and members of USAR (Urban Search and Rescue - Norfolk Fire Service) search team.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote