Animal collection goes on display
Visitors will be able to get a closer look at the animal collection at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery on Saturday. Owner Ben Potterton is hosting an annual wild in the garden day at the nursery at Langmere Road, Langmere, near Dickleburgh, and there will be unusual and rare species on view.
Visitors will be able to get a closer look at the animal collection at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery on Saturday.
Owner Ben Potterton is hosting an annual wild in the garden day at the nursery at Langmere Road, Langmere, near Dickleburgh, and there will be unusual and rare species on view.
He said: “We will be taking guided tours around the collection to show people the cranes, storks, alpacas, red Squirrels, ducks and geese. It is a rare chance to get closer to some of our animals and learn more about the conservation projects we are part of.
“Visitors will get a chance to see our boat-billed herons, four of only nine in the UK, and our southern lapwings - we are the biggest captive breeder of this species in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have our resident BTO Bird Ringer here. People will be able to watch him catching the wild birds and ringing them. He will also be ringing some blue tit, great tit, house sparrow and blackbird chicks before they flee the nest.”
The event is from 10am to 4pm, with guided tours starting on the hour. Entry is free as is parking. Home-made refreshments will be available throughout the day.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
The nursery is open from 10am-5pm Thursday - Sunday from March to October, and Friday-Saturday from November to February. For more information call 01379 741136, or visit the website www.blackcottnursery.co.uk