Animal collection goes on display
Visitors will be able to get a closer look at the animal collection at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery on Saturday. Owner Ben Potterton is hosting an annual wild in the garden day at the nursery at Langmere Road, Langmere, near Dickleburgh, and there will be unusual and rare species on view.
Visitors will be able to get a closer look at the animal collection at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery on Saturday.
Owner Ben Potterton is hosting an annual wild in the garden day at the nursery at Langmere Road, Langmere, near Dickleburgh, and there will be unusual and rare species on view.
He said: “We will be taking guided tours around the collection to show people the cranes, storks, alpacas, red Squirrels, ducks and geese. It is a rare chance to get closer to some of our animals and learn more about the conservation projects we are part of.
“Visitors will get a chance to see our boat-billed herons, four of only nine in the UK, and our southern lapwings - we are the biggest captive breeder of this species in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have our resident BTO Bird Ringer here. People will be able to watch him catching the wild birds and ringing them. He will also be ringing some blue tit, great tit, house sparrow and blackbird chicks before they flee the nest.”
The event is from 10am to 4pm, with guided tours starting on the hour. Entry is free as is parking. Home-made refreshments will be available throughout the day.
- 1 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 4 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Headteacher's plea after near miss involving child in pushchair
The nursery is open from 10am-5pm Thursday - Sunday from March to October, and Friday-Saturday from November to February. For more information call 01379 741136, or visit the website www.blackcottnursery.co.uk