Accoustic club marks milestone
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting later this month.The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting on June 28 at 8pm at The Feathers Inn, Town Green.
The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
The club started in 2001 when Rob Duhig decided that if there was nowhere for him to play his guitar he would have to start something himself.
With the help of a couple of friends, musicians were recruited and the upstairs room of the Feathers Inn booked.
'From the first night I knew this was something different.' said Rob. 'All other acoustic clubs I had ever visited, were full of musicians playing for each other. The Hedge was different as it had attracted more audience than musicians, and they wanted to be entertained!'
The reputation of The Hedge grew and it began drawing in more musicians and audience members every month.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
The name Meet in the Hedge was born when a friend of Rob's mispronounced the name of a track - Meet on the Ledge - from a Fairport Convention CD.