Accoustic club marks milestone
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting later this month.The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting on June 28 at 8pm at The Feathers Inn, Town Green.
The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
The club started in 2001 when Rob Duhig decided that if there was nowhere for him to play his guitar he would have to start something himself.
With the help of a couple of friends, musicians were recruited and the upstairs room of the Feathers Inn booked.
You may also want to watch:
'From the first night I knew this was something different.' said Rob. 'All other acoustic clubs I had ever visited, were full of musicians playing for each other. The Hedge was different as it had attracted more audience than musicians, and they wanted to be entertained!'
The reputation of The Hedge grew and it began drawing in more musicians and audience members every month.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town
The name Meet in the Hedge was born when a friend of Rob's mispronounced the name of a track - Meet on the Ledge - from a Fairport Convention CD.