Accoustic club marks milestone
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting later this month.The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting on June 28 at 8pm at The Feathers Inn, Town Green.
The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
The club started in 2001 when Rob Duhig decided that if there was nowhere for him to play his guitar he would have to start something himself.
With the help of a couple of friends, musicians were recruited and the upstairs room of the Feathers Inn booked.
You may also want to watch:
'From the first night I knew this was something different.' said Rob. 'All other acoustic clubs I had ever visited, were full of musicians playing for each other. The Hedge was different as it had attracted more audience than musicians, and they wanted to be entertained!'
The reputation of The Hedge grew and it began drawing in more musicians and audience members every month.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
The name Meet in the Hedge was born when a friend of Rob's mispronounced the name of a track - Meet on the Ledge - from a Fairport Convention CD.