Accoustic club marks milestone
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting later this month.The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
Meet in the Hedge, Wymondham's acoustic music club will be celebrating it's 100th consecutive monthly meeting on June 28 at 8pm at The Feathers Inn, Town Green.
The milestone is being celebrated by a special party night where it is hoped old and new faces will perform at a specially extended Meet in the Hedge.
The club started in 2001 when Rob Duhig decided that if there was nowhere for him to play his guitar he would have to start something himself.
With the help of a couple of friends, musicians were recruited and the upstairs room of the Feathers Inn booked.
You may also want to watch:
'From the first night I knew this was something different.' said Rob. 'All other acoustic clubs I had ever visited, were full of musicians playing for each other. The Hedge was different as it had attracted more audience than musicians, and they wanted to be entertained!'
The reputation of The Hedge grew and it began drawing in more musicians and audience members every month.
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
The name Meet in the Hedge was born when a friend of Rob's mispronounced the name of a track - Meet on the Ledge - from a Fairport Convention CD.