Youngster Daelarrna shows the way for the Attleborough boxers after fine display
- Credit: Archant
The Connaught Hall was packed with a high-spirited crowd for 19 action-packed boxing bouts.
Attleborough's Harry King-Tomlin kicked off the demonstrations with a bout against Maldon's Harry Brooks. Paul Willett fought Norwich City's Matthew Page and showed confidence and strength. Then Corban Sewell had a height difference against Charlie Collings of Norwich but at no point did he let that hold him back.
The first competitive bout saw Freddie Collings of Norwich put up a strong fight to win with a split decision. Then Norwich's Joe Pickford beat Teddy Anderson of Maldon with a split decision.
The only girl bout proved to be one of the favourites of the crowd with 13-year-old Daelarrna Blackwell showing very controlled punches and gritty determination against Danielle Blake of Berinsfield ABC, which gained her a very crowd pleasing win.
Attleborough's Charlie Connaughton's bout against Finlay James of Billericay ABC saw Charlie work well but Finlay took the win.
You may also want to watch:
Louis Thomas of Norseman came out from the bell with an awesome punch but Muhammed Khan of Peterborough Police came back with some hurtful punches to take the win by a split decision.
Then Cley Nicholas of Kingfisher took on Kaleb Roberton-Howard of Eastgate who got the decision.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
Attleborough's Mark Riley (Rusty) had his final fight before joining the Army and he gave everyone a fight to remember before losing to Kingsheath's Patrick Smith.
Carl Rollin from St Oysth had his work cut out against home boxer Ezra Arenyeka, who gained a unanimous win.
Home boxer Carl Bevan fought courageously against Ryan Bowen of Trumpington before losing on points.
The crowd were treated to the Norfolk Elite Final under 60kg with Henry Potter of Kingfisher losing to Danny Perry of Norwich.
Attleborough's Bobby Weston was given a win by TKO after Reece Cattermole called a stop to the fight at the end of the second round.
Boston's Thomas Upsall was matched against home boxer Connor Holloway whose victory earned him bout of the night.
Home boxer of the night was Daelarrna Blackwell and bout of the night was Holloway v Upsall.