Young boxers turn on the style in Attleborough BC’s annual dinner show
- Credit: PA
Attleborough Boxing Club treated their supporters to an entertaining evening at their second annual dinner show at the Wymondham Rugby Club.
Home boxer Paul Taylor Willet won on a unanimous decision against Bridgewater's Sam Moran in the first competitive bout before Charlie Connaughton, who was recently a gold medal winner in the Pirkka Cup in Finland, excited the crowd by recording a points win against Boston's Kain Penn.
ABC's Owen Bolingbroke put up a great effort against David Pagado from Norwich City but after a hard bout it was not to be.
Next up was another ABC gold medal winner in Finland Devon Lockwood who after digging deep earned a well-deserved win against Boston's Dylan Robinson. ABC's Lewis Nagle had a convincing win over Ben Lee from Colchester before Norseman's Louis Thomas showed great heart, winning his bout on points against Colchester's Louis Hudson. Islington's Mo Gharib outclassed Kingfishers' Henry Potter throughout all three rounds while Rhys Parks took on Aylsham's Luke Roberts and won on a split decision.
ABC's Carl Bevan took on a tough opponent in Islington's Bryan Cox. Bevan showed great determination after taking two standing eight counts in the second round but an unanimous decision went to Cox. ABC's Ray Firth, who entered the ring to rapturous support, stepped up the pace in the third round, resulting in a standing eight count for opponent Aiden Cope of Trumpington and a unanimous decision for the home boxer.
You may also want to watch:
Kingsheath's Noel Smith clinched a split decision win over Bridgewater's Bradley Rae in a close bout and Norwich City's Liam Goddard gained a unanimous win over Northampton's Alex Penell. Kriss Montegriffo did Bridgewater proud and after the referee gave opponent Henry Martin a standing eight count in the third round Montegriffo prompted the official to step in and stop the contest.
ABC's Ewortise Arenyeka claimed a unanimous points win over Harrow's Daniel McGreal in the final bout of the night.
- 1 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 4 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 5 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Revealed: £114k cost of town council bullying row
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 First Buses reassure customers over safety as capacity set to increase
ABC's Hopey Price, Harry King-Tomlin, Isabelle Price and Corbin Sewell had earlier impressed the crowd in their skills bouts.
For more details on the club email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01953 457329.