Wymondham Town see lead slip away
St Andrews 4, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled the short distant to Thorpe to take on St Andrews. Wymondham Town started well and took the lead in only three minutes when Calum Webb drove home from Simon Freemantle's corner.
The visitors did most of the first half running but were aided by the crossfield wind. Tim Downs saw his shot blocked by a hand in the penalty area but Wymondham appeals went unanswered. Rob Browne then went close but was denied by a brave save from the home keeper.
The Rooks probably should have taken more of a lead into the interval but were looking comfortable for their lead. This was the case for the first 15 minutes of the second half before they let St Andrews back in and hit the self-destruct button.
A couple of sloppy tackles saw the home side gifted an equaliser and Wymondham seemed to lose all confidence and with it their shape. St Andrews capitalised on Town's failure to clear to take the lead and from then on took control of the game from a tiring Wymondham side to run out 4-1 winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote