Wymondham Town see lead slip away
St Andrews 4, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled the short distant to Thorpe to take on St Andrews. Wymondham Town started well and took the lead in only three minutes when Calum Webb drove home from Simon Freemantle's corner.
The visitors did most of the first half running but were aided by the crossfield wind. Tim Downs saw his shot blocked by a hand in the penalty area but Wymondham appeals went unanswered. Rob Browne then went close but was denied by a brave save from the home keeper.
The Rooks probably should have taken more of a lead into the interval but were looking comfortable for their lead. This was the case for the first 15 minutes of the second half before they let St Andrews back in and hit the self-destruct button.
A couple of sloppy tackles saw the home side gifted an equaliser and Wymondham seemed to lose all confidence and with it their shape. St Andrews capitalised on Town's failure to clear to take the lead and from then on took control of the game from a tiring Wymondham side to run out 4-1 winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 3 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney