Wymondham Town see lead slip away
St Andrews 4, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled the short distant to Thorpe to take on St Andrews. Wymondham Town started well and took the lead in only three minutes when Calum Webb drove home from Simon Freemantle's corner.
The visitors did most of the first half running but were aided by the crossfield wind. Tim Downs saw his shot blocked by a hand in the penalty area but Wymondham appeals went unanswered. Rob Browne then went close but was denied by a brave save from the home keeper.
The Rooks probably should have taken more of a lead into the interval but were looking comfortable for their lead. This was the case for the first 15 minutes of the second half before they let St Andrews back in and hit the self-destruct button.
A couple of sloppy tackles saw the home side gifted an equaliser and Wymondham seemed to lose all confidence and with it their shape. St Andrews capitalised on Town's failure to clear to take the lead and from then on took control of the game from a tiring Wymondham side to run out 4-1 winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears