Wymondham Town see lead slip away
St Andrews 4, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled the short distant to Thorpe to take on St Andrews. Wymondham Town started well and took the lead in only three minutes when Calum Webb drove home from Simon Freemantle's corner.
The visitors did most of the first half running but were aided by the crossfield wind. Tim Downs saw his shot blocked by a hand in the penalty area but Wymondham appeals went unanswered. Rob Browne then went close but was denied by a brave save from the home keeper.
The Rooks probably should have taken more of a lead into the interval but were looking comfortable for their lead. This was the case for the first 15 minutes of the second half before they let St Andrews back in and hit the self-destruct button.
A couple of sloppy tackles saw the home side gifted an equaliser and Wymondham seemed to lose all confidence and with it their shape. St Andrews capitalised on Town's failure to clear to take the lead and from then on took control of the game from a tiring Wymondham side to run out 4-1 winners.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 2 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed