Wymondham Tennis Club to mark Wimbledon with a tournament of their own
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Wymondham Tennis Club is ramping up its summer events schedule as Wimbledon edges ever closer.
The club will be hosting the annual Wymbledon Summer Tournament on Sunday, July 9.
With no play on the middle Sunday of the grand slam, it is the perfect opportunity to follow in Andy Murray's footsteps and play some tennis.
This year the club will be going retro and playing with wooden racquets of the past. Any interested players can come along and there will be plenty of wooden racquets to go round.
The usual entry fee of £5 will apply per person and all ages and abilities are welcome, members or not.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Tennis Club's coach Sam Howlett is also offering a series of sports coaching and fun days for children throughout the summer holidays. Places can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 9 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk