Wymondham Tennis Club to mark Wimbledon with a tournament of their own
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Wymondham Tennis Club is ramping up its summer events schedule as Wimbledon edges ever closer.
The club will be hosting the annual Wymbledon Summer Tournament on Sunday, July 9.
With no play on the middle Sunday of the grand slam, it is the perfect opportunity to follow in Andy Murray's footsteps and play some tennis.
This year the club will be going retro and playing with wooden racquets of the past. Any interested players can come along and there will be plenty of wooden racquets to go round.
The usual entry fee of £5 will apply per person and all ages and abilities are welcome, members or not.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Tennis Club's coach Sam Howlett is also offering a series of sports coaching and fun days for children throughout the summer holidays. Places can be booked through email@example.com
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 3 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 4 Man who assaulted neighbour with bird bath told to get legal advice
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 7 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage