Wymondham Tennis Club to mark Wimbledon with a tournament of their own
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Wymondham Tennis Club is ramping up its summer events schedule as Wimbledon edges ever closer.
The club will be hosting the annual Wymbledon Summer Tournament on Sunday, July 9.
With no play on the middle Sunday of the grand slam, it is the perfect opportunity to follow in Andy Murray's footsteps and play some tennis.
This year the club will be going retro and playing with wooden racquets of the past. Any interested players can come along and there will be plenty of wooden racquets to go round.
The usual entry fee of £5 will apply per person and all ages and abilities are welcome, members or not.
Wymondham Tennis Club's coach Sam Howlett is also offering a series of sports coaching and fun days for children throughout the summer holidays. Places can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 10 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM