Wymondham Tennis Club to mark Wimbledon with a tournament of their own
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Wymondham Tennis Club is ramping up its summer events schedule as Wimbledon edges ever closer.
The club will be hosting the annual Wymbledon Summer Tournament on Sunday, July 9.
With no play on the middle Sunday of the grand slam, it is the perfect opportunity to follow in Andy Murray's footsteps and play some tennis.
This year the club will be going retro and playing with wooden racquets of the past. Any interested players can come along and there will be plenty of wooden racquets to go round.
The usual entry fee of £5 will apply per person and all ages and abilities are welcome, members or not.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Tennis Club's coach Sam Howlett is also offering a series of sports coaching and fun days for children throughout the summer holidays. Places can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 2 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 A11 lane reopens after Thickthorn crash