Wymondham taste defeat
WYMONDHAM have for the first time this season tasted defeat - away at the hands of Forncett, going down 6-4 and 64-56 on shots. Captain S Phillips went down 18-11 against the strong block of M Jones, J Rumsby and D Rumsby.
WYMONDHAM have for the first time this season tasted defeat - away at the hands of Forncett, going down 6-4 and 64-56 on shots.
Captain S Phillips went down 18-11 against the strong block of M Jones, J Rumsby and D Rumsby.
Vice-captain C Mann had an equally disappointing game but could find no reply for his opposite number, T Ottewell who has a superb game at skip, eventually going down 22-12.
Then M Hallam, B Saunders and PL King had a very close game eventually edging out 13-9 winners against M Humphrey's triple.
The other mat saw M Taylor, S Foster and D Phillips play very well after coming from 9-3 behind after five ends, to edge out 20-15 winners against A Aldridge's triple.
Next, Harling felt the full force of a Wymondham side that knew 10 points was crucial if they were going to make any impact on keeping up with Yaxham and Connaught A for the title.
- 1 Resurfacing works planned for busy Wymondham road
- 2 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
- 3 Model tram back on track after 86 years
- 4 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 5 Award-winning Norfolk historian shares images of historic market town
- 6 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 7 Garden centre to be transformed into enchanted forest this Christmas
- 8 Rare chance to rent a fine dining restaurant - at a 'bargain' price
- 9 'Happy to be back': Chinese restaurant reopens after closing a year ago
- 10 Project to help Norfolk town in event of power cuts
M Linsdall, J Sparham and C Mann never gave away more than one shot, as end 12 was the pivotal end where Mann's awareness saw him play out the only Harling wood in the head to get a maximum of six out of it. This made the score 15-4 and they eventually won 22-5.
M Hallam, PL King and B Saunders went 6-0 up and the score finished 17-9. Then M Taylor, T Emms and S Phillips found themselves 7-0 down after five ends.
Captain S Phillips was struggling to find his weight and this led him to change round after the dreadful start they had made.
This really worked in their favour as Harling failed to score in the next six ends as Phillips then found his weight and managed to make things happen.
Successive threes saw the game turn on its head with a 14-7 lead after 11 ends. The end result of 22-10 did not really reflect the game.
S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips win 31-11. The first three ends saw the Wymondham triple fly into a 9-0 lead and with them picking up a maximum on end six which saw their lead extended to 15-1, and then on ends 16 and 17 saw them pick up back to back fives to seal the win. The end result was 10-0 and 92-35 on shots.