Wymondham take revenge
Long Stratton 1, Wymondham Town 4
Wymondham travelled to Long Stratton in search of revenge for their defeat very early in the season and came away with all three points in a good 4-1 win.
Both teams found it hard to settle on a hard pitch and first half honours were fairly even. Town had a couple of near efforts from set pieces hacked away by the home defence but were a little wasteful in possession.
Jamie Speller showed his side the way with some tough tackling in midfield but both he and Alex Williamson over-hit crosses when well positioned. It was good to see their will to win but a little disappointing to then see Town get frustrated with each other.
Wymondham's back four of Calum Webb, Tom Seaman, Gareth Downs and Williamson held strong denying their opponents for most of the half, but just before the break Matt Ducker produced a great save racing off his line to deny Willimott one on one.
You may also want to watch:
Right at the start of the second period Rob Browne rode tackles to wriggle free and cross for David Ramsbottom to poke home at the far post.
This seemed to settle Wymondham and Ramsbottom added his and Town's second shortly after. His tireless running reaping reward when he netted at the second attempt.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 9 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
Chris O'Brien added a third when he took advantage of a poor back pass to neatly lob the onrushing keeper.
At the other end former Town striker Harvey pulled one back for Stratton with a spectacular over-head kick but Wymondham had the last laugh. Browne rediscovered his scoring touch with a good finish adding a fourth late on.
Man-of-the-match was Alex Williamson. Wymondham's push for promotion continues when they entertain Holt at home on Tuesday, April 19 (kick-off 6.30pm).