Wymondham take a point at Hempnall – but need more
Hempnall 1, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled to Hempnall – and the result probably didn't help either team, although both will believe they did enough to win the Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
Town started better and Chris Priest came close after a strong run whilst Rob Browne sent a tame shot into the arms of the Hempnall keeper. Browne made amends minutes later when he turned sharply and scored from close range. Chris Priest was winning his midfield battle and Town continued to push for a second, but had to make do with a single goal lead going into the break.
Hempnall came out with the bit between their teeth for the second half and started to come back into the game. They didn't have to wait long for their equaliser, but it was very scrappy when it did come.
Matt Ducker then had to be alert to save at the feet of Mills and to tip over Player's 20-yard drive.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham still created chances of their own as Priest rattled the upright from the edge of the box and David Ramsbottom sprinted clear only to put his effort wide.
The struggling teams meet again at the Kings Head Meadow in two weeks time with a lot now riding on that result. This week Wymondham Town travel to Acle (2.30pm).
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom