Wymondham take a point at Hempnall – but need more
Hempnall 1, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled to Hempnall – and the result probably didn't help either team, although both will believe they did enough to win the Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
Town started better and Chris Priest came close after a strong run whilst Rob Browne sent a tame shot into the arms of the Hempnall keeper. Browne made amends minutes later when he turned sharply and scored from close range. Chris Priest was winning his midfield battle and Town continued to push for a second, but had to make do with a single goal lead going into the break.
Hempnall came out with the bit between their teeth for the second half and started to come back into the game. They didn't have to wait long for their equaliser, but it was very scrappy when it did come.
Matt Ducker then had to be alert to save at the feet of Mills and to tip over Player's 20-yard drive.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham still created chances of their own as Priest rattled the upright from the edge of the box and David Ramsbottom sprinted clear only to put his effort wide.
The struggling teams meet again at the Kings Head Meadow in two weeks time with a lot now riding on that result. This week Wymondham Town travel to Acle (2.30pm).
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 8 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued