Wymondham take a point at Hempnall – but need more
Hempnall 1, Wymondham Town 1
Wymondham Town travelled to Hempnall – and the result probably didn't help either team, although both will believe they did enough to win the Anglian Combination Premier Division clash.
Town started better and Chris Priest came close after a strong run whilst Rob Browne sent a tame shot into the arms of the Hempnall keeper. Browne made amends minutes later when he turned sharply and scored from close range. Chris Priest was winning his midfield battle and Town continued to push for a second, but had to make do with a single goal lead going into the break.
Hempnall came out with the bit between their teeth for the second half and started to come back into the game. They didn't have to wait long for their equaliser, but it was very scrappy when it did come.
Matt Ducker then had to be alert to save at the feet of Mills and to tip over Player's 20-yard drive.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham still created chances of their own as Priest rattled the upright from the edge of the box and David Ramsbottom sprinted clear only to put his effort wide.
The struggling teams meet again at the Kings Head Meadow in two weeks time with a lot now riding on that result. This week Wymondham Town travel to Acle (2.30pm).
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 9 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 10 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'