Wymondham so wasteful
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1. No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2
WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1.
No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wells are a physical side, encouraged by their 'vocal' management team and this proved enough to beat Town, who after a promising start faded badly in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Town opened the scoring early on from a Rackham finish following a corner.
After that Town were wasteful with good chances being spurned - notably when Sharp went clean through but was unable to round the keeper.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
The keeper also made a good save from a Witman shot on the left of goal. Wells had their chances with their veteran striker hitting a post and missing with a header.
In the second half Town failed to perform and duly conceded two goals, one being scored late on.
At the moment too many of Town's players are under-performing.
Only performances of any note came from Scadden, who never stopped running and Ramsbottom, who played the unfamiliar role of sweeper well.
Man of the match: Ramsbottom.
Special thanks to Unique Building Supplies for their continuing support for new kits, Jewson's for their support of the warm-up T-shirts and the Windmill Pub for their provision of food.