Wymondham so wasteful
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1. No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2
WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1.
No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wells are a physical side, encouraged by their 'vocal' management team and this proved enough to beat Town, who after a promising start faded badly in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Town opened the scoring early on from a Rackham finish following a corner.
After that Town were wasteful with good chances being spurned - notably when Sharp went clean through but was unable to round the keeper.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 7 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 8 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 9 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
The keeper also made a good save from a Witman shot on the left of goal. Wells had their chances with their veteran striker hitting a post and missing with a header.
In the second half Town failed to perform and duly conceded two goals, one being scored late on.
At the moment too many of Town's players are under-performing.
Only performances of any note came from Scadden, who never stopped running and Ramsbottom, who played the unfamiliar role of sweeper well.
Man of the match: Ramsbottom.
Special thanks to Unique Building Supplies for their continuing support for new kits, Jewson's for their support of the warm-up T-shirts and the Windmill Pub for their provision of food.