Wymondham so wasteful
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1. No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wymondham 1, Wells Town 2
WYMONDHAM Town entertained a battling Wells side and ended up losing the game 2-1.
No excuses, Town were simply not good enough and for most of the second half were edged out by their opponents.
Wells are a physical side, encouraged by their 'vocal' management team and this proved enough to beat Town, who after a promising start faded badly in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Town opened the scoring early on from a Rackham finish following a corner.
After that Town were wasteful with good chances being spurned - notably when Sharp went clean through but was unable to round the keeper.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to market town?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 6 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
The keeper also made a good save from a Witman shot on the left of goal. Wells had their chances with their veteran striker hitting a post and missing with a header.
In the second half Town failed to perform and duly conceded two goals, one being scored late on.
At the moment too many of Town's players are under-performing.
Only performances of any note came from Scadden, who never stopped running and Ramsbottom, who played the unfamiliar role of sweeper well.
Man of the match: Ramsbottom.
Special thanks to Unique Building Supplies for their continuing support for new kits, Jewson's for their support of the warm-up T-shirts and the Windmill Pub for their provision of food.