Wymondham’s top clash ends in no-score draw
Wymondham Town 0, Bradenham 0
SECOND took on third in the Anglian Combination Division One as Wymondham Town played host to Bradenham at the King's Head Meadow.
The spoils were shared in a 0-0 draw. Town were pleased to welcome back both Calum Webb and Tom Seaman to the squad after absences.
Both sides found it hard to play any fluent passing football on a bumpy pitch but it was the visitors that had the best of the early exchanges. Matt Ducker had to be at his most alert in the home goal to deny Bradenham an early lead and Chris Priest cleared another effort off the line. Both Jamie Speller and Rob Browne had half chances snubbed out by some incisive Bradenham defending.
Wymondham's work rate was excellent with Gareth Downs and David Ramsbottom probing down the right flank but they found it hard to calve out any clear openings. In a hard-fought first half Bradenham's vocal travelling support probably provided more entertainment than the football on show on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
The Rooks started the second period brighter with Luke Rackham and Chris O'Brien getting more into the game. O'Brien curled an effort just wide and Ramsbottom burst through and lobbed the on-rushing keeper only to see his effort hacked off the goal line. At the other end Ducker pulled off a couple of great reaction saves. Jimmy McCloy added some late spark but even his introduction failed to bring about a goal.
Unfortunately, both Browne and the visiting keeper had to leave the pitch early after a full blooded collision and the club wish them both a speedy recovery. MoM: Matt Ducker.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk