Wymondham's dip in form
After two good wins, Wymondham Bowls Club's form had dipped when they played at home to Kirby Bedon B, managing only a 4-4 draw. Mann managed to skip both his triples to wins, but this in the end was a disappointing result.
After two good wins, Wymondham Bowls Club's form had dipped when they played at home to Kirby Bedon B, managing only a 4-4 draw.
Mann managed to skip both his triples to wins, but this in the end was a disappointing result.
The first defeat of the season came at First Bus, where they lost 6-2. B Saunders, S Phillips and C Mann were the only winners with a massive 33-1 victory.
Another tough match saw Wymondham's second successive away defeat to current champs Kirby Bedon A 7-1. S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips put in two good performances which yielded only one point, but on another night could have been four.
You may also want to watch:
A change in fortunes saw Wymondham beat league leaders Bob Carter at home, 6-2, ending their seven-game unbeaten run. Great play from P Saunders, M Linsdell and C Mann gave them wins of 19-10 and 20-5. P King, B Saunders and S Phillips won 11-9 to seal a great win and put the team back in with a chance of a top-two finish.
Summer Cup action saw Wymondham progress into to the quarter-finals with an 8-0 win over Hingham Yellow, and now host 10-times league champions Kirby Bedon A.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation