Wymondham's dip in form
After two good wins, Wymondham Bowls Club's form had dipped when they played at home to Kirby Bedon B, managing only a 4-4 draw. Mann managed to skip both his triples to wins, but this in the end was a disappointing result.
After two good wins, Wymondham Bowls Club's form had dipped when they played at home to Kirby Bedon B, managing only a 4-4 draw.
Mann managed to skip both his triples to wins, but this in the end was a disappointing result.
The first defeat of the season came at First Bus, where they lost 6-2. B Saunders, S Phillips and C Mann were the only winners with a massive 33-1 victory.
Another tough match saw Wymondham's second successive away defeat to current champs Kirby Bedon A 7-1. S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips put in two good performances which yielded only one point, but on another night could have been four.
You may also want to watch:
A change in fortunes saw Wymondham beat league leaders Bob Carter at home, 6-2, ending their seven-game unbeaten run. Great play from P Saunders, M Linsdell and C Mann gave them wins of 19-10 and 20-5. P King, B Saunders and S Phillips won 11-9 to seal a great win and put the team back in with a chance of a top-two finish.
Summer Cup action saw Wymondham progress into to the quarter-finals with an 8-0 win over Hingham Yellow, and now host 10-times league champions Kirby Bedon A.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom