Wymondham's charity game
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 plus guest veterans v the current Wymondham Town first team.
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 (plus guest veterans) versus the current Wymondham Town first team.
The veterans' side will be managed by Leo Parke and Terry Robinson - both very popular figures in Wymondham Town's recent history.
The match will be held in memory of Andy Giles and Shaun Bunn, both of whom tragically lost their lives last year, Shaun had previously played for Leo and Terry, and Andy was a popular figure within the club for many years.
The charity the match will be raising money for is the Addenbrooke's Charity Trust Ward C9.
You may also want to watch:
On the day they will be holding a raffle with some great prizes, including a signed Norwich City shirt and ball and cases of fine wine. Anyone who would like to donate any prizes should contact the club at the clubhouse on 01953 607326.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school