Wymondham's charity game
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 plus guest veterans v the current Wymondham Town first team.
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 (plus guest veterans) versus the current Wymondham Town first team.
The veterans' side will be managed by Leo Parke and Terry Robinson - both very popular figures in Wymondham Town's recent history.
The match will be held in memory of Andy Giles and Shaun Bunn, both of whom tragically lost their lives last year, Shaun had previously played for Leo and Terry, and Andy was a popular figure within the club for many years.
The charity the match will be raising money for is the Addenbrooke's Charity Trust Ward C9.
You may also want to watch:
On the day they will be holding a raffle with some great prizes, including a signed Norwich City shirt and ball and cases of fine wine. Anyone who would like to donate any prizes should contact the club at the clubhouse on 01953 607326.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown