Wymondham's charity game
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 plus guest veterans v the current Wymondham Town first team.
WYMONDHAM Town FC will be holding a charity match on May 16 between Leo Parke's Division One promotion side from 2000/2001 (plus guest veterans) versus the current Wymondham Town first team.
The veterans' side will be managed by Leo Parke and Terry Robinson - both very popular figures in Wymondham Town's recent history.
The match will be held in memory of Andy Giles and Shaun Bunn, both of whom tragically lost their lives last year, Shaun had previously played for Leo and Terry, and Andy was a popular figure within the club for many years.
The charity the match will be raising money for is the Addenbrooke's Charity Trust Ward C9.
You may also want to watch:
On the day they will be holding a raffle with some great prizes, including a signed Norwich City shirt and ball and cases of fine wine. Anyone who would like to donate any prizes should contact the club at the clubhouse on 01953 607326.
- 1 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge
- 2 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book