Wymondham runners-up in county triples
Wymondham's Pat Saunders, Debbie Phillips and Chris Mann achieved another nationals place in April as they finished runners-up in the county triples at Lakeside, Lyng on Sunday. But they will be slightly disappointed not to have pushed M Reynolds, J Woods and K Bridge of Bob Carter in the final as they lost convincingly by 11-4.
In the groups two wins was enough against J Brown's Kirby block and R Lamb's Halvergate triple to see them through to the quarter-finals as best runners-up as R Howlett's block had beaten them in their final group game.
The second Wymondham triple of M Linsdell, A Stratton and B Saunders cruised through their group with three wins.
The draw saw both Wymondham teams face each other in the quarter-finals and it went down to the last bowl as Mann's triple snatched it in the end win a 5-4 win. The Wymondham trio then faced T Musk's block where they romped with a massive 16-2 scoreline to see them cruise into the final, where they came up against an in-form Carter block.
In the Breckland League Wymondham added another two wins against Watton away 2-8 (53-67) and at home to Hingham Yellow 10-0 (100-32). M Barker, A Stratton and B Saunders came from 6-12 down to win 19-12, while M George, P King and C Mann stormed to a massive 31-8 win in their home match against Hingham.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 3 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 4 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 5 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 9 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
- 10 Food hygiene rating at kebab shop jumps from 1 to 5 stars