Wymondham runners-up in county triples
Wymondham's Pat Saunders, Debbie Phillips and Chris Mann achieved another nationals place in April as they finished runners-up in the county triples at Lakeside, Lyng on Sunday. But they will be slightly disappointed not to have pushed M Reynolds, J Woods and K Bridge of Bob Carter in the final as they lost convincingly by 11-4.
In the groups two wins was enough against J Brown's Kirby block and R Lamb's Halvergate triple to see them through to the quarter-finals as best runners-up as R Howlett's block had beaten them in their final group game.
The second Wymondham triple of M Linsdell, A Stratton and B Saunders cruised through their group with three wins.
The draw saw both Wymondham teams face each other in the quarter-finals and it went down to the last bowl as Mann's triple snatched it in the end win a 5-4 win. The Wymondham trio then faced T Musk's block where they romped with a massive 16-2 scoreline to see them cruise into the final, where they came up against an in-form Carter block.
In the Breckland League Wymondham added another two wins against Watton away 2-8 (53-67) and at home to Hingham Yellow 10-0 (100-32). M Barker, A Stratton and B Saunders came from 6-12 down to win 19-12, while M George, P King and C Mann stormed to a massive 31-8 win in their home match against Hingham.
- 1 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 4 Stunning images of Norfolk's 'Wolf Moon'
- 5 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 6 Town rocked by shooting of former mayor
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Neighbours mystified by shooting of councillor on quiet lane
- 9 Interactive map: Covid case rates above national average in one part of Norfolk
- 10 Cowboy builder Kyle Muir admits fleecing customers out of £48,300