Wymondham runners stride out
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening. Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening.
Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
An excellent performance by Richard White (37:47) placed him eighth overall and first in the M45 category.
Eddie Greenland and Andrew Preston both improved their time from last year, finishing in 39:49 and 39:55 respectively. Paul Wightman, returning to fitness after a long lay-off, managed a very creditable 42:52 with Ian Crutchley following in 45:31.
You may also want to watch:
The Wymondham AC ladies were led home by Sharon Hurren in 44:50, improving on her last year's time by an impressive three minutes.
Jules Kennelly and Lucy Perry both produced a solid, well paced run and finished in 49:49 and 52:45.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
Wymondham AC's own race, the Hethel Engineering 10-miler, will take place on Sunday, June 14, starting at 10.30am.
Details and entry forms can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk