Wymondham runners stride out
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening. Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening.
Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
An excellent performance by Richard White (37:47) placed him eighth overall and first in the M45 category.
Eddie Greenland and Andrew Preston both improved their time from last year, finishing in 39:49 and 39:55 respectively. Paul Wightman, returning to fitness after a long lay-off, managed a very creditable 42:52 with Ian Crutchley following in 45:31.
The Wymondham AC ladies were led home by Sharon Hurren in 44:50, improving on her last year's time by an impressive three minutes.
Jules Kennelly and Lucy Perry both produced a solid, well paced run and finished in 49:49 and 52:45.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 3 Pick your own beautiful bouquets in country park's new garden
- 4 Fast & Furious and Star Wars actor dines in Norfolk pub
- 5 Man accused of £3.5m whiskey theft due back in court
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
- 8 Former bank in town could become a Domino's takeaway
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 New boss at historic Norfolk pub launches fresh menu and community events
Wymondham AC's own race, the Hethel Engineering 10-miler, will take place on Sunday, June 14, starting at 10.30am.
Details and entry forms can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk