Wymondham runners stride out
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening. Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
Wymondham Athletic Club members took part in the Guy Fawkes 10k, a road race originally held in November, which took place on Friday evening.
Based at Easton College, eight members of Wymondham AC were amongst the 200 runners contesting the undulating two-lap course.
An excellent performance by Richard White (37:47) placed him eighth overall and first in the M45 category.
Eddie Greenland and Andrew Preston both improved their time from last year, finishing in 39:49 and 39:55 respectively. Paul Wightman, returning to fitness after a long lay-off, managed a very creditable 42:52 with Ian Crutchley following in 45:31.
You may also want to watch:
The Wymondham AC ladies were led home by Sharon Hurren in 44:50, improving on her last year's time by an impressive three minutes.
Jules Kennelly and Lucy Perry both produced a solid, well paced run and finished in 49:49 and 52:45.
- 1 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 4 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 5 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Revealed: £114k cost of town council bullying row
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 First Buses reassure customers over safety as capacity set to increase
Wymondham AC's own race, the Hethel Engineering 10-miler, will take place on Sunday, June 14, starting at 10.30am.
Details and entry forms can be found at www.wymondhamac.org.uk