Wymondham runners stride out
Twenty members of Wymondham AC took part in local 10k races over the Easter weekend.At the Broome race on Good Friday, Oliver Milk and Jack Gillick ran particularly well and were the only two WAC members who reached the finish line inside the 40-minutes barrier.
Twenty members of Wymondham AC took part in local 10k races over the Easter weekend.
At the Broome race on Good Friday, Oliver Milk and Jack Gillick ran particularly well and were the only two WAC members who reached the finish line inside the 40-minutes barrier.
Next over the line were closely-matched runners James Sturgess and Eddie Greenland. Also competing well over the distance were Terry Brannan, Graham Coleman and Rob Scarf.
In the same race Kim Reader, still benefiting from her off-road winter training, had a good run. Her time of 47:23 placed her first in the W35 age group.
Terry Brannan, barely recovered from his outstanding win in the USA whilst on holiday, had another excellent run. His time of 45:52 set a new all-time club record for the M65 over that distance.
The Trowse 10k on Sunday saw a quality field of almost 400 runners, with 12 WAC members amongst them. Andrew Hennessy (Wells City) cruised to a comfortable win in 33:09. Helen Decker (Ipswich Jaffa) was first lady in 35:39, a new course record.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 4 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 5 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 Norfolk cricketer plays 1000th game - months after rare virus
- 8 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
Tanya Croft was the first runner home for Wymondham in an outstanding time of 42:13 but had to settle for fourth place in a high-quality field.
Jenny Christian paced her race carefully and was rewarded with the first F50 category prize, Angie Bear was second in the F50 category.
Tracey Dodsworth, Louise Barker and Carole Wyatt all ran well. Ed Burton was first over the line for the Wymondham men, followed in by Roy Harvey, Ian Crutchley and Dale Cooper. Ron Marsh won the M65 category prize.
Wymondham results at Broome: Oliver Milk 37:17, Jack Gillick 38:53, James Sturgess 42:09, Edddie Greenland 42:10, Terry Brannan 45:52, Kim Reader 47:23, Graham Coleman 50:09, Robert Scarfe 53:25.
At Trowse: Tanya Croft 42:13, Ed Burton 44:24, Roy Harvey 44:44, Jenny Christian 45:30, Ian Crutchley 45:42, Dale Cooper 46:21, Tracy Dodsworth 47:40, Mark Bagley 48:33, Louise Barker 48:39, Angie Bear 48:51, Ron Marsh 50:51, Carole Wyatt 52:47.