Wymondham players credit to club
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday. As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance.
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday.
As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance. The event was separated into two groups; an under eights category and also one for under 16's who are white, yellow or orange belts.
Every Wymondham player won earned medal with 11 returning with golds, five with silver and three with bronze medals. In four categories, Wymondham players even took both the gold and silver medals.
Wymondham head coach, Chris Claydon, said: 'This is a fantastic result for the players, and it's great to see some new names from the club taking medals. We are making a big effort to compete at more events across the country this year, and this is as good a start to our campaign as we could hope for.'
You may also want to watch:
Results - Gold U8 Gabriel Guilfoyle, Oliver Purllant, James Gadsby. U16 Sam Parish, William Booth, Jack Purllant, Michael Godden, Thomas Goodrum, Alexander Tonnison, Alexander London, Amelia Sturdy.
Silver U8 Elsie Sturdy. U16 Owen Sully, Eddie Elliott, Taylor Morris, Toby Goodrum.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
Bronze U8 Joshua Spenton, Jack Travis, James Bridges.