Wymondham players credit to club
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday. As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance.
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday.
As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance. The event was separated into two groups; an under eights category and also one for under 16's who are white, yellow or orange belts.
Every Wymondham player won earned medal with 11 returning with golds, five with silver and three with bronze medals. In four categories, Wymondham players even took both the gold and silver medals.
Wymondham head coach, Chris Claydon, said: 'This is a fantastic result for the players, and it's great to see some new names from the club taking medals. We are making a big effort to compete at more events across the country this year, and this is as good a start to our campaign as we could hope for.'
You may also want to watch:
Results - Gold U8 Gabriel Guilfoyle, Oliver Purllant, James Gadsby. U16 Sam Parish, William Booth, Jack Purllant, Michael Godden, Thomas Goodrum, Alexander Tonnison, Alexander London, Amelia Sturdy.
Silver U8 Elsie Sturdy. U16 Owen Sully, Eddie Elliott, Taylor Morris, Toby Goodrum.
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 8 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 9 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable
- 10 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
Bronze U8 Joshua Spenton, Jack Travis, James Bridges.