Wymondham players credit to club
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday. As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance.
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday.
As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance. The event was separated into two groups; an under eights category and also one for under 16's who are white, yellow or orange belts.
Every Wymondham player won earned medal with 11 returning with golds, five with silver and three with bronze medals. In four categories, Wymondham players even took both the gold and silver medals.
Wymondham head coach, Chris Claydon, said: 'This is a fantastic result for the players, and it's great to see some new names from the club taking medals. We are making a big effort to compete at more events across the country this year, and this is as good a start to our campaign as we could hope for.'
Results - Gold U8 Gabriel Guilfoyle, Oliver Purllant, James Gadsby. U16 Sam Parish, William Booth, Jack Purllant, Michael Godden, Thomas Goodrum, Alexander Tonnison, Alexander London, Amelia Sturdy.
Silver U8 Elsie Sturdy. U16 Owen Sully, Eddie Elliott, Taylor Morris, Toby Goodrum.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
Bronze U8 Joshua Spenton, Jack Travis, James Bridges.