Wymondham players credit to club
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday. As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance.
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday.
As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance. The event was separated into two groups; an under eights category and also one for under 16's who are white, yellow or orange belts.
Every Wymondham player won earned medal with 11 returning with golds, five with silver and three with bronze medals. In four categories, Wymondham players even took both the gold and silver medals.
Wymondham head coach, Chris Claydon, said: 'This is a fantastic result for the players, and it's great to see some new names from the club taking medals. We are making a big effort to compete at more events across the country this year, and this is as good a start to our campaign as we could hope for.'
You may also want to watch:
Results - Gold U8 Gabriel Guilfoyle, Oliver Purllant, James Gadsby. U16 Sam Parish, William Booth, Jack Purllant, Michael Godden, Thomas Goodrum, Alexander Tonnison, Alexander London, Amelia Sturdy.
Silver U8 Elsie Sturdy. U16 Owen Sully, Eddie Elliott, Taylor Morris, Toby Goodrum.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
Bronze U8 Joshua Spenton, Jack Travis, James Bridges.