Wymondham players credit to club
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday. As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance.
TWENTY young players from Wymondham Judo Club took part in an invitation competition for eight clubs at Martham on Saturday.
As ever, they were a credit to their club in terms of sportsmanship and performance. The event was separated into two groups; an under eights category and also one for under 16's who are white, yellow or orange belts.
Every Wymondham player won earned medal with 11 returning with golds, five with silver and three with bronze medals. In four categories, Wymondham players even took both the gold and silver medals.
Wymondham head coach, Chris Claydon, said: 'This is a fantastic result for the players, and it's great to see some new names from the club taking medals. We are making a big effort to compete at more events across the country this year, and this is as good a start to our campaign as we could hope for.'
Results - Gold U8 Gabriel Guilfoyle, Oliver Purllant, James Gadsby. U16 Sam Parish, William Booth, Jack Purllant, Michael Godden, Thomas Goodrum, Alexander Tonnison, Alexander London, Amelia Sturdy.
Silver U8 Elsie Sturdy. U16 Owen Sully, Eddie Elliott, Taylor Morris, Toby Goodrum.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
Bronze U8 Joshua Spenton, Jack Travis, James Bridges.