Wymondham Ladies reach final
WYMONDHAM Town Ladies reached the final of the league cup after a fine win away to Hainford. Town started the game the brighter but couldn't make the final pass count.
WYMONDHAM Town Ladies reached the final of the league cup after a fine win away to Hainford.
Town started the game the brighter but couldn't make the final pass count. Larky, Woody and Rumble had the upper hand in the midfield battle which gave Polly and Swanny time to show their skills.
Polly set up the first goal with a waited pass which split the defence and Helen notched up her 26th of the season.
Town got the second when again Polly set up Helen. Half-time: 2-0. Hainford started the second half strongly and were camped in the Town area and this led to them pulling a goal back from a strike from 25 yards.
Jenna made way for Claire and Town changed the formation to try and see the game out.
However this was not needed as Louise was the first to react from a corner to head home another. Town must be commended for their discipline throughout the game, and the team's great performance left no player of the match.
- 1 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 4 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 5 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 6 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Recessions, a fire and a pandemic: Landlords look back on 20 years at pub
Town would like to thank all supporters who came along.
This week the girls face Aylsham in the final. Venue to be announced.