Wymondham Ladies in top form to beat Waveney
Wymondham Ladies put on a footballing display away to Waveney.
Wymondham won the reverse fixture 4-0 and continued their good goalscoring this season with a 6-0 win.
They took five minutes to settle before getting the ball on the floor and playing one-twos, through-balls and switching the play very well.
Laura Parry set Gemma Hamilton up with a superb through ball to open the scoring.
It wasn't long before Laura Parry doubled the lead with a great finish at the far post from a corner. Mary Cann then scored with a tap-in following a cross from Gemma Hamilton and got her second, volleying the ball into the top corner with fantastic technique after a corner from Louise Rout.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Knight scored the last goal of the half following a good cross. Christine had to stay awake to make a very good save to preserve her clean sheet.
The first half was probably the best football Wymondham have played while the second half was more relaxed – but Wymondham still controlled the game, with the occasional Waveney counter-attack which was snuffed out well, especially from captain Emma Williams who was unbeatable.
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
- 2 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- 7 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 8 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 9 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
The only goal of the second half came from a dangerous cross which a mixed-up Waveney defence managed to put into their own net.
Wymondham's next game is at home to UEA.
PoM: Laura Parry was immense in midfield.