Wymondham Ladies in top form to beat Waveney
Wymondham Ladies put on a footballing display away to Waveney.
Wymondham won the reverse fixture 4-0 and continued their good goalscoring this season with a 6-0 win.
They took five minutes to settle before getting the ball on the floor and playing one-twos, through-balls and switching the play very well.
Laura Parry set Gemma Hamilton up with a superb through ball to open the scoring.
It wasn't long before Laura Parry doubled the lead with a great finish at the far post from a corner. Mary Cann then scored with a tap-in following a cross from Gemma Hamilton and got her second, volleying the ball into the top corner with fantastic technique after a corner from Louise Rout.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Knight scored the last goal of the half following a good cross. Christine had to stay awake to make a very good save to preserve her clean sheet.
The first half was probably the best football Wymondham have played while the second half was more relaxed – but Wymondham still controlled the game, with the occasional Waveney counter-attack which was snuffed out well, especially from captain Emma Williams who was unbeatable.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to market town?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 9 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
The only goal of the second half came from a dangerous cross which a mixed-up Waveney defence managed to put into their own net.
Wymondham's next game is at home to UEA.
PoM: Laura Parry was immense in midfield.