Wymondham Ladies in top form to beat Waveney
Wymondham Ladies put on a footballing display away to Waveney.
Wymondham won the reverse fixture 4-0 and continued their good goalscoring this season with a 6-0 win.
They took five minutes to settle before getting the ball on the floor and playing one-twos, through-balls and switching the play very well.
Laura Parry set Gemma Hamilton up with a superb through ball to open the scoring.
It wasn't long before Laura Parry doubled the lead with a great finish at the far post from a corner. Mary Cann then scored with a tap-in following a cross from Gemma Hamilton and got her second, volleying the ball into the top corner with fantastic technique after a corner from Louise Rout.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Knight scored the last goal of the half following a good cross. Christine had to stay awake to make a very good save to preserve her clean sheet.
The first half was probably the best football Wymondham have played while the second half was more relaxed – but Wymondham still controlled the game, with the occasional Waveney counter-attack which was snuffed out well, especially from captain Emma Williams who was unbeatable.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 5 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
The only goal of the second half came from a dangerous cross which a mixed-up Waveney defence managed to put into their own net.
Wymondham's next game is at home to UEA.
PoM: Laura Parry was immense in midfield.