Wymondham Ladies in top form to beat Waveney
Wymondham Ladies put on a footballing display away to Waveney.
Wymondham won the reverse fixture 4-0 and continued their good goalscoring this season with a 6-0 win.
They took five minutes to settle before getting the ball on the floor and playing one-twos, through-balls and switching the play very well.
Laura Parry set Gemma Hamilton up with a superb through ball to open the scoring.
It wasn't long before Laura Parry doubled the lead with a great finish at the far post from a corner. Mary Cann then scored with a tap-in following a cross from Gemma Hamilton and got her second, volleying the ball into the top corner with fantastic technique after a corner from Louise Rout.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Knight scored the last goal of the half following a good cross. Christine had to stay awake to make a very good save to preserve her clean sheet.
The first half was probably the best football Wymondham have played while the second half was more relaxed – but Wymondham still controlled the game, with the occasional Waveney counter-attack which was snuffed out well, especially from captain Emma Williams who was unbeatable.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
The only goal of the second half came from a dangerous cross which a mixed-up Waveney defence managed to put into their own net.
Wymondham's next game is at home to UEA.
PoM: Laura Parry was immense in midfield.