Wymondham in full control
Wymondham were able to demonstrate their dominance in Eastern Counties One with this comprehensive 48-5 victory over third-placed West Norfolk. The visitors inflicted a rare home defeat on West Norfolk as they ran in eight tries in what was ultimately a comfortable win.
Wymondham were able to demonstrate their dominance in Eastern Counties One with this comprehensive 48-5 victory over third-placed West Norfolk.
The visitors inflicted a rare home defeat on West Norfolk as they ran in eight tries in what was ultimately a comfortable win.
Wymondham's player of the month Richie Howlett broke the deadlock when he hacked a loose ball behind the opposition defences. The hard-working flanker then gathered the ball and won the race to the line. Centre Jack Peacock added the extras.
It was not long before the influential Wymondham centre Nick Greenhall danced through West's back line, before off-loading to Peacock who gave a scoring pass to in-form finisher Ian Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Summers then cantered over to record his 21st try of the season.
He did not have long to wait for 22, as the loosehead prop opened the second half with another converted try when he powered over from five yards out.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
After the break, West Norfolk's backline strung together a number of penetrating moves and started to demonstrate the sort form that has put them in the top three in the league.
They were eventually rewarded with a well-deserved try, out wide from Craven.
However, this seemed to sting Wymondham into action and Harris' second touchdown was soon followed by a converted score by right-winger Will Mitchell.
Number 8 Andy Nelson was driven over the line by skipper Jon Morfoot and Harris' hat-trick rounded off one of Wymondham's best team performances this season.
Wymondham's second XV also recorded a convincing 38-12 win over their West Norfolk counterparts.
Meanwhile, the Thirds rounded off a great day for the club with a 25-14 Merit Table victory over a strong Norwich III team.