Wymondham in confident form
Wymondham produced a confident display of bowls to beat Carleton Rode away 8-2 (79-44) in the Breckland League last week. The first session was dominated again with the always reliable triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips producing a 23-5 win.
Wymondham produced a confident display of bowls to beat Carleton Rode away 8-2 (79-44) in the Breckland League last week.
The first session was dominated again with the always reliable triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips producing a 23-5 win. D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders also showed what they are made of with a 22-7 win.
After the break a rocky start for the triple of M Fisher, J Li Rocchi and C Mann who went 6-0 down after two ends, soon swapped over with Mann playing second and soon started to dominate, eventually winning 20-15.
A completely different start for M Taylor, P L King and S Phillips saw them sail into the lead, 10-0 after five ends but a sticky patch midway through saw the score pegged back to 11-11 after 13 ends.
You may also want to watch:
Dropping a three on the 14th end saw them fall away to a 14-17 defeat.
This leaves them second in the league two points ahead of Connaught A and nine points behind Yaxham in first place.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 8 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 9 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
The next day they played there second leg encounter in the five pairs tournament, where they took their 40 plus shot lead in the first leg to Forncett.
Wymondham's only win came from the pairing of S Archer, who has played fantastic bowls so far this season, and D Phillips, who has also had a good season. They won 15-3 and sealed the team's progress into the semi-finals, where they are yet to find out who they play and where.