Wymondham held to draw by Beccles
Wymondham Town deserved more than the point they gained from Beccles as their visitors goal led a charmed life in the second half of an entertaining 1-1 draw.
Town set off at a great pace and pressed Beccles all over the pitch. With less than five minutes played Chris Priest drove into the visitors box and with Luke Rackham hustling the keeper James McCloy was presented with a tap-in to give Town the lead.
Unfortunately Wymondham then took their foot off the pedal and allowed Beccles back in with Martin levelling after a slip from Calum Webb.
After a kick up the backside in the half-time team talk Town lifted the tempo as the second period got under way. Rob Browne saw more and more of the ball and started causing problems with his strong running. The Rooks began to create but found the Beccles keeper in excellent form. Time and again he got his fingers to efforts that looked to be heading for the net. Luke Rackham headed against the crossbar, Johnny Phipps couldn't find the finish that his run deserved and Stuart Felgate's effort on the stretch was again well saved. At the other end Matt Ducker saw a header fly back off his crossbar but Town continued to do most of the pressing. More efforts followed from Rob Browne and Jamie Speller but Town just couldn't find a winner.
This week Wymondham visit Hempnall at Bungay Road kick off 2.30pm.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 10 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM