Wymondham held to draw by Beccles
Wymondham Town deserved more than the point they gained from Beccles as their visitors goal led a charmed life in the second half of an entertaining 1-1 draw.
Town set off at a great pace and pressed Beccles all over the pitch. With less than five minutes played Chris Priest drove into the visitors box and with Luke Rackham hustling the keeper James McCloy was presented with a tap-in to give Town the lead.
Unfortunately Wymondham then took their foot off the pedal and allowed Beccles back in with Martin levelling after a slip from Calum Webb.
After a kick up the backside in the half-time team talk Town lifted the tempo as the second period got under way. Rob Browne saw more and more of the ball and started causing problems with his strong running. The Rooks began to create but found the Beccles keeper in excellent form. Time and again he got his fingers to efforts that looked to be heading for the net. Luke Rackham headed against the crossbar, Johnny Phipps couldn't find the finish that his run deserved and Stuart Felgate's effort on the stretch was again well saved. At the other end Matt Ducker saw a header fly back off his crossbar but Town continued to do most of the pressing. More efforts followed from Rob Browne and Jamie Speller but Town just couldn't find a winner.
This week Wymondham visit Hempnall at Bungay Road kick off 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected