Wymondham bowl on to final
WYMONDHAM have made it through to their first ever five pairs final when they knocked out Banham last Friday at Watton by 44 shots to 34.Wymondham knew this wasn't going to be easy as Banham managed to beat title holders Yaxham this time last season to go through to the final.
WYMONDHAM have made it through to their first ever five pairs final when they knocked out Banham last Friday at Watton by 44 shots to 34.
Wymondham knew this wasn't going to be easy as Banham managed to beat title holders Yaxham this time last season to go through to the final.
But P L King and B Saunders got Wymondham off to a confident start with an 8-5 win. P Saunders and S Phillips picked up two fours on their way to a good 12-8 win.
S Archer and D Phillips put real space between the two sides as they won by a comfortable 10 shots to 4. S Foster and J Li-Rocchi kept things tight against Bill and Shirley Francis as they lost by only two shots going down 7-9.
You may also want to watch:
The last game saw M Fisher and C Mann lose 7-8 to skip T Blackburn. Wymondham will now meet Connaught A in the final where they will want revenge as they were beaten by them in the semis last season.
In the Breckland League Wymondham kept up their chase with the top three with an 8-2 win at home to Carelton Rode. Skip C. Mann kept up his high scoring at home with M Hallam and M Fisher with a 30-4 win. T Emms, P Saunders and S Phillips put in a solid 21-7 win.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
Second session saw a real upset with skip R Davidson playing out of his skin at times to pull of a shock 7-18 win against the inform triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Philllips.
There were times in the match where the Wymondham triple looked like picking up some big shots but skip Davidson made sure the Wymondham triple scored no more than two shots on ends two and 12 to limit them only scoring on seven of the 18 ends.
As the game went on the Wymondham triple knew it wasn't going to be their day as they lost out on several close measures during the game and were holding a six on one end till the skip came down to took shot.
The other triple consisting of D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders made sure there wasn't going to be even more of a shock as they cruised to a 23-5 win.