Wymondham bowl on to final
WYMONDHAM have made it through to their first ever five pairs final when they knocked out Banham last Friday at Watton by 44 shots to 34.Wymondham knew this wasn't going to be easy as Banham managed to beat title holders Yaxham this time last season to go through to the final.
WYMONDHAM have made it through to their first ever five pairs final when they knocked out Banham last Friday at Watton by 44 shots to 34.
Wymondham knew this wasn't going to be easy as Banham managed to beat title holders Yaxham this time last season to go through to the final.
But P L King and B Saunders got Wymondham off to a confident start with an 8-5 win. P Saunders and S Phillips picked up two fours on their way to a good 12-8 win.
S Archer and D Phillips put real space between the two sides as they won by a comfortable 10 shots to 4. S Foster and J Li-Rocchi kept things tight against Bill and Shirley Francis as they lost by only two shots going down 7-9.
The last game saw M Fisher and C Mann lose 7-8 to skip T Blackburn. Wymondham will now meet Connaught A in the final where they will want revenge as they were beaten by them in the semis last season.
In the Breckland League Wymondham kept up their chase with the top three with an 8-2 win at home to Carelton Rode. Skip C. Mann kept up his high scoring at home with M Hallam and M Fisher with a 30-4 win. T Emms, P Saunders and S Phillips put in a solid 21-7 win.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 8 Celebrities pictured loving Norfolk grower's roses at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Wymondham Ladies triumph in Norfolk County Cup final
Second session saw a real upset with skip R Davidson playing out of his skin at times to pull of a shock 7-18 win against the inform triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Philllips.
There were times in the match where the Wymondham triple looked like picking up some big shots but skip Davidson made sure the Wymondham triple scored no more than two shots on ends two and 12 to limit them only scoring on seven of the 18 ends.
As the game went on the Wymondham triple knew it wasn't going to be their day as they lost out on several close measures during the game and were holding a six on one end till the skip came down to took shot.
The other triple consisting of D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders made sure there wasn't going to be even more of a shock as they cruised to a 23-5 win.