Wymondham bowl along
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League with the return leg at Hingham, producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League, with the return leg at Hingham producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
As all the matches were played at the same time, Wymondham at one stage were looking like taking nine out of the 10
points on offer but fell short as two of the matches failed to keep the pressure on towards the end.
M Taylor, T Emms and B Saunders managed to pick up a four on the 14th end to make it 12-12 but again skip M Frost time and again managed to come up with the answer and ran out 19-13 winners.
You may also want to watch:
D Durrant, P L King and C Mann also looked like storming ahead in their match when they were 7-0 after five ends, but a dropped four on the seventh soon made the game turn on its head with it being 15-15 with one end remaining. The last end saw the Hingham triple pick up a two to win.
M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also made hard work of it with them being 15-8 up after 13 ends, then saw them drop seven shots in three ends to see the match level 15-15 after 16 ends. But they then picked up five shots on the last two ends to win 20-15.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 4 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
The consistent triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips were in superb form to deliver a deserved 28-10 win to take overall shots and win 6-4 on points.
Recent home form for Wymondham has seen them dominate matches and the game against Connaught B was no exception with them running in an astonishing 125 shots to Connaught's 31.
Yet again the dominance of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips was showed with a tremendous 41-4 win. D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders eventually ran out 21-15 winners. M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also put together a solid 25-10 win.
M Hallam, P L King and C Mann only conceded two shots for a comprehensive
38-2 win, to pick up a much-needed 10-0 points win.