Wymondham bowl along
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League with the return leg at Hingham, producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League, with the return leg at Hingham producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
As all the matches were played at the same time, Wymondham at one stage were looking like taking nine out of the 10
points on offer but fell short as two of the matches failed to keep the pressure on towards the end.
M Taylor, T Emms and B Saunders managed to pick up a four on the 14th end to make it 12-12 but again skip M Frost time and again managed to come up with the answer and ran out 19-13 winners.
You may also want to watch:
D Durrant, P L King and C Mann also looked like storming ahead in their match when they were 7-0 after five ends, but a dropped four on the seventh soon made the game turn on its head with it being 15-15 with one end remaining. The last end saw the Hingham triple pick up a two to win.
M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also made hard work of it with them being 15-8 up after 13 ends, then saw them drop seven shots in three ends to see the match level 15-15 after 16 ends. But they then picked up five shots on the last two ends to win 20-15.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
The consistent triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips were in superb form to deliver a deserved 28-10 win to take overall shots and win 6-4 on points.
Recent home form for Wymondham has seen them dominate matches and the game against Connaught B was no exception with them running in an astonishing 125 shots to Connaught's 31.
Yet again the dominance of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips was showed with a tremendous 41-4 win. D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders eventually ran out 21-15 winners. M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also put together a solid 25-10 win.
M Hallam, P L King and C Mann only conceded two shots for a comprehensive
38-2 win, to pick up a much-needed 10-0 points win.