Wymondham bowl along
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League with the return leg at Hingham, producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
WYMONDHAM Short Mat Bowls Club continued their good form in the Breckland League, with the return leg at Hingham producing a good 6-4 win for the away side.
As all the matches were played at the same time, Wymondham at one stage were looking like taking nine out of the 10
points on offer but fell short as two of the matches failed to keep the pressure on towards the end.
M Taylor, T Emms and B Saunders managed to pick up a four on the 14th end to make it 12-12 but again skip M Frost time and again managed to come up with the answer and ran out 19-13 winners.
You may also want to watch:
D Durrant, P L King and C Mann also looked like storming ahead in their match when they were 7-0 after five ends, but a dropped four on the seventh soon made the game turn on its head with it being 15-15 with one end remaining. The last end saw the Hingham triple pick up a two to win.
M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also made hard work of it with them being 15-8 up after 13 ends, then saw them drop seven shots in three ends to see the match level 15-15 after 16 ends. But they then picked up five shots on the last two ends to win 20-15.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
The consistent triple of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips were in superb form to deliver a deserved 28-10 win to take overall shots and win 6-4 on points.
Recent home form for Wymondham has seen them dominate matches and the game against Connaught B was no exception with them running in an astonishing 125 shots to Connaught's 31.
Yet again the dominance of S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips was showed with a tremendous 41-4 win. D Durrant, T Emms and B Saunders eventually ran out 21-15 winners. M Fisher, P Saunders and S Phillips also put together a solid 25-10 win.
M Hallam, P L King and C Mann only conceded two shots for a comprehensive
38-2 win, to pick up a much-needed 10-0 points win.