Wymondham athletes stride out
SUNDAY was a busy race day for Wymondham AC, with members in action all over the county.Shouldham Warren near Downham Market was the venue for the popular Ryston Runners cross-country series.
SUNDAY was a busy race day for Wymondham AC, with members in action all over the county.
Shouldham Warren near Downham Market was the venue for the popular Ryston Runners cross-country series.
Taking part in the 9km Vets race were Kim Reader and Rob Scarf.
Kim ran an excellent race, finishing in 38:59 and taking 2.40 minutes from her previous time at this distance and Rob finishing strongly in 45:12, also taking a few seconds from his previous time.
You may also want to watch:
Next was the Valentine's 10k organised by Norfolk Gazelles, a new race with an undulating course through the quiet lanes around the villages of Swanton Abbott and Skeyton.
First home for Wymondham in an impressive time of 37:58 was Richard White, following was Mark Tufts in a personal best time of 44:43, Ian Crutchley 45:31, Stephen Frosdick 48:53 and Rodney Freeburn 1-06:19.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
Nine runners took part in the Great East 20k run at Bungay, four club members returning with individual prizes. This is a well-attended event with over 400 runners taking part along a single- lap rural course.
Terry Epps was first male home for WAC with an excellent run to finish second in MV50. Next in for WAC and leading the ladies home was Sharon Hurren, well rewarded for her efforts with third in FV35. Angie Bear and Anne Martin were awarded third FV50 and second FV65 respectively.
Finishing times for all runners were impressive and well-earned Terry Epps 1-24:15, Dale Cooper 1-35:45, Dave Dysart 1-40:52, Sharon Hurren 1-34:45, Tracy Stevens 1-36:00, Angie Bear 1-40:52, Lucy Perry 1-56:39, Carole Wyatt 1-56:22, Anne Martin 1-58:22.