Wymondham at home for season opener
Wymondham Town start the new competitive season at home this Saturday (2.30pm) at the Kings Head Meadow against highly fancied Sheringham.
Both sides were relegated from the Premier Division last season and both have completely re-built.
Wymondham, under the new management of Matthew Bradley, have been completely transformed on the playing side and look a completely different proposition to last season.
Wymondham have enjoyed an unbeaten pre-season with some excellent performances, most notably a 4-1 win over Wroxham Reserves, so will enter this first game in very good heart.
It is hoped that Wymondham will attract a large crowd this Saturday for this most important opening game to set them on the way to hopefully a successful season.
You may also want to watch:
With the lease now hopefully secured and the Kings Head Meadow saved it is time for Wymondham to support their club which is one of the oldest in the country.
It is very much a case of support the club or it will be lost and gone forever.
- 1 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 2 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 3 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 4 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage