Wymondham at home for season opener
Wymondham Town start the new competitive season at home this Saturday (2.30pm) at the Kings Head Meadow against highly fancied Sheringham.
Both sides were relegated from the Premier Division last season and both have completely re-built.
Wymondham, under the new management of Matthew Bradley, have been completely transformed on the playing side and look a completely different proposition to last season.
Wymondham have enjoyed an unbeaten pre-season with some excellent performances, most notably a 4-1 win over Wroxham Reserves, so will enter this first game in very good heart.
It is hoped that Wymondham will attract a large crowd this Saturday for this most important opening game to set them on the way to hopefully a successful season.
You may also want to watch:
With the lease now hopefully secured and the Kings Head Meadow saved it is time for Wymondham to support their club which is one of the oldest in the country.
It is very much a case of support the club or it will be lost and gone forever.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected