Wymondham all set for smashing season
This season, Wymondham Tennis Club has entered eight teams in local league tennis. Wymondham A, who will be playing in the Integro League, formerly the Jewson League, reached the first division last year, led by captain Richard Wood and including county player Karen Woodrow, and will be looking to stay in Division One.
This season, Wymondham Tennis Club has entered eight teams in local league tennis.
Wymondham A, who will be playing in the Integro League, formerly the Jewson League, reached the first division last year, led by captain Richard Wood and including county player Karen Woodrow, and will be looking to stay in Division One.
The two teams in Men's City League are in Divisions Two and Three. Ed Tennant, the club's winning junior, will be playing for the men's A team in Division Two.
For the first time, an all-men's team has been entered in the Fleur de Lys League, led by captain Mark Hadley - a chance for the men to play at a highly competitive level.
You may also want to watch:
There are three ladies' teams playing in City League, an additional team having been entered this year. The Ladies' A team, playing in Division Two, captained by Juliet West, includes Sarah Palmer, last year's Winsum League winner.
Wymondham Ladies' B team are in Division Three and the new Ladies' C team make their debut in Division Four.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
The veterans' team, captained by June Meadows, are hoping to retain their position in Division One in the Norfolk Veterans' League.
Junior Matches are already under way, with Wymondham having teams in the Aegon and Winsum Leagues, and mini tournaments for red, orange and green are held regularly at Wymondham Tennis Club.
Club captain, Charles Armstrong, said: 'I am pleased we have so many players entering into league match play and it is good to see the juniors playing alongside the adults. It is going to be a very busy and, we hope, successful season.'
Wymondham Tennis Club is LTA affiliated and was awarded Clubmark status in November 2009.
For more information visit the website www.wymondhamtennisclub.co.uk