Wymondham all set for smashing season
This season, Wymondham Tennis Club has entered eight teams in local league tennis. Wymondham A, who will be playing in the Integro League, formerly the Jewson League, reached the first division last year, led by captain Richard Wood and including county player Karen Woodrow, and will be looking to stay in Division One.
This season, Wymondham Tennis Club has entered eight teams in local league tennis.
Wymondham A, who will be playing in the Integro League, formerly the Jewson League, reached the first division last year, led by captain Richard Wood and including county player Karen Woodrow, and will be looking to stay in Division One.
The two teams in Men's City League are in Divisions Two and Three. Ed Tennant, the club's winning junior, will be playing for the men's A team in Division Two.
For the first time, an all-men's team has been entered in the Fleur de Lys League, led by captain Mark Hadley - a chance for the men to play at a highly competitive level.
You may also want to watch:
There are three ladies' teams playing in City League, an additional team having been entered this year. The Ladies' A team, playing in Division Two, captained by Juliet West, includes Sarah Palmer, last year's Winsum League winner.
Wymondham Ladies' B team are in Division Three and the new Ladies' C team make their debut in Division Four.
- 1 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 2 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 3 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 7 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
The veterans' team, captained by June Meadows, are hoping to retain their position in Division One in the Norfolk Veterans' League.
Junior Matches are already under way, with Wymondham having teams in the Aegon and Winsum Leagues, and mini tournaments for red, orange and green are held regularly at Wymondham Tennis Club.
Club captain, Charles Armstrong, said: 'I am pleased we have so many players entering into league match play and it is good to see the juniors playing alongside the adults. It is going to be a very busy and, we hope, successful season.'
Wymondham Tennis Club is LTA affiliated and was awarded Clubmark status in November 2009.
For more information visit the website www.wymondhamtennisclub.co.uk