Wright way to help Hingham
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.
The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
Batting first, Hingham were soon on the front foot with Wright and Morland playing shots to all parts of the ground. When Morland (32) was out lbw to Greenwood, Hingham were in the strong position of 159-1 after 23 overs.
There was a mini collapse with Juby (0), O'Grady (5) and Rogers (0) all going cheaply but the free-scoring Wright kept the scoreboard moving.
When Wright was finally out caught in the deep, going for his double century, Hingham were in the strong position of 256-6. Wright's knock included 13 sixes and 14 fours.
A late flurry of runs from Baldwin (16), Chilleystone (11 no) and Fenton (8 no) saw Hingham finish in a strong position.
- 1 Resurfacing works planned for busy Wymondham road
- 2 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
- 3 Model tram back on track after 86 years
- 4 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 5 Award-winning Norfolk historian shares images of historic market town
- 6 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 7 Garden centre to be transformed into enchanted forest this Christmas
- 8 Rare chance to rent a fine dining restaurant - at a 'bargain' price
- 9 'Happy to be back': Chinese restaurant reopens after closing a year ago
- 10 Project to help Norfolk town in event of power cuts
The Bacton innings stuttered when Wright and Guy removed the top four batsmen for 31.
The consistent Morland was introduced to the attack and, again, proved to be one of the top bowlers around finishing with 2-23 from 11 overs. Youngster James Baldwin bowled a fine spell ending in his first four wicket haul in league cricket.
A fine all-round performance was enhance by the catching in the field with youngsters Juby, Fenton and Thomas (2) all taking good catches, but the star of the match was Andy Wright.