Wright way to help Hingham
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.
The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
Batting first, Hingham were soon on the front foot with Wright and Morland playing shots to all parts of the ground. When Morland (32) was out lbw to Greenwood, Hingham were in the strong position of 159-1 after 23 overs.
There was a mini collapse with Juby (0), O'Grady (5) and Rogers (0) all going cheaply but the free-scoring Wright kept the scoreboard moving.
You may also want to watch:
When Wright was finally out caught in the deep, going for his double century, Hingham were in the strong position of 256-6. Wright's knock included 13 sixes and 14 fours.
A late flurry of runs from Baldwin (16), Chilleystone (11 no) and Fenton (8 no) saw Hingham finish in a strong position.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
The Bacton innings stuttered when Wright and Guy removed the top four batsmen for 31.
The consistent Morland was introduced to the attack and, again, proved to be one of the top bowlers around finishing with 2-23 from 11 overs. Youngster James Baldwin bowled a fine spell ending in his first four wicket haul in league cricket.
A fine all-round performance was enhance by the catching in the field with youngsters Juby, Fenton and Thomas (2) all taking good catches, but the star of the match was Andy Wright.