Wright way to help Hingham
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.
The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
Batting first, Hingham were soon on the front foot with Wright and Morland playing shots to all parts of the ground. When Morland (32) was out lbw to Greenwood, Hingham were in the strong position of 159-1 after 23 overs.
There was a mini collapse with Juby (0), O'Grady (5) and Rogers (0) all going cheaply but the free-scoring Wright kept the scoreboard moving.
You may also want to watch:
When Wright was finally out caught in the deep, going for his double century, Hingham were in the strong position of 256-6. Wright's knock included 13 sixes and 14 fours.
A late flurry of runs from Baldwin (16), Chilleystone (11 no) and Fenton (8 no) saw Hingham finish in a strong position.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Volunteers plant 1,000 trees at natural beauty spot
- 7 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Are National Savings and Investments worth it?
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
The Bacton innings stuttered when Wright and Guy removed the top four batsmen for 31.
The consistent Morland was introduced to the attack and, again, proved to be one of the top bowlers around finishing with 2-23 from 11 overs. Youngster James Baldwin bowled a fine spell ending in his first four wicket haul in league cricket.
A fine all-round performance was enhance by the catching in the field with youngsters Juby, Fenton and Thomas (2) all taking good catches, but the star of the match was Andy Wright.