Wright way to help Hingham
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.
The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
Batting first, Hingham were soon on the front foot with Wright and Morland playing shots to all parts of the ground. When Morland (32) was out lbw to Greenwood, Hingham were in the strong position of 159-1 after 23 overs.
There was a mini collapse with Juby (0), O'Grady (5) and Rogers (0) all going cheaply but the free-scoring Wright kept the scoreboard moving.
When Wright was finally out caught in the deep, going for his double century, Hingham were in the strong position of 256-6. Wright's knock included 13 sixes and 14 fours.
A late flurry of runs from Baldwin (16), Chilleystone (11 no) and Fenton (8 no) saw Hingham finish in a strong position.
- 1 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 4 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 6 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 7 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
The Bacton innings stuttered when Wright and Guy removed the top four batsmen for 31.
The consistent Morland was introduced to the attack and, again, proved to be one of the top bowlers around finishing with 2-23 from 11 overs. Youngster James Baldwin bowled a fine spell ending in his first four wicket haul in league cricket.
A fine all-round performance was enhance by the catching in the field with youngsters Juby, Fenton and Thomas (2) all taking good catches, but the star of the match was Andy Wright.