Wright way to help Hingham
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
HINGHAM A recorded their first victory in their debut season in the league with a resounding win over Bacton.
The star of the match was Andy Wright who hit a magnificent 197.
Batting first, Hingham were soon on the front foot with Wright and Morland playing shots to all parts of the ground. When Morland (32) was out lbw to Greenwood, Hingham were in the strong position of 159-1 after 23 overs.
There was a mini collapse with Juby (0), O'Grady (5) and Rogers (0) all going cheaply but the free-scoring Wright kept the scoreboard moving.
You may also want to watch:
When Wright was finally out caught in the deep, going for his double century, Hingham were in the strong position of 256-6. Wright's knock included 13 sixes and 14 fours.
A late flurry of runs from Baldwin (16), Chilleystone (11 no) and Fenton (8 no) saw Hingham finish in a strong position.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
The Bacton innings stuttered when Wright and Guy removed the top four batsmen for 31.
The consistent Morland was introduced to the attack and, again, proved to be one of the top bowlers around finishing with 2-23 from 11 overs. Youngster James Baldwin bowled a fine spell ending in his first four wicket haul in league cricket.
A fine all-round performance was enhance by the catching in the field with youngsters Juby, Fenton and Thomas (2) all taking good catches, but the star of the match was Andy Wright.