Winning start for Wymondham bowls players
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club have got off to a great start in the winter season winning three out of the four matches played.
The first was an away first leg match in the Breckland Five Pairs tournament against Carleton Rode.
M Linsdell and C Mann had the biggest winning margin of 10-6 against P Rush and N Davidson in the last session to earn a 43-43 draw going into the second leg at home in November.
In the Breckland League the club's first fixture was away to Harling Recreation where a very satisfying 10-0 (90-44) points win was secured.
P Saunders, M Linsdell and S Phillips led the way with a crushing 32-9 win. The second league match was at home to Yaxham where the club again got another 10-0 (84-33) win, with S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips getting a massive 29-3 win.
You may also want to watch:
The first round of the Norwich Cup saw Wymondham away to Horsford where they picked up a 14-10 (61-59) win. Wins of 6-1 and 6-2 by P King, M Linsdell and B Saunders helped them through to the second round.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory