Winning start for Wymondham bowls players
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club have got off to a great start in the winter season winning three out of the four matches played.
The first was an away first leg match in the Breckland Five Pairs tournament against Carleton Rode.
M Linsdell and C Mann had the biggest winning margin of 10-6 against P Rush and N Davidson in the last session to earn a 43-43 draw going into the second leg at home in November.
In the Breckland League the club's first fixture was away to Harling Recreation where a very satisfying 10-0 (90-44) points win was secured.
P Saunders, M Linsdell and S Phillips led the way with a crushing 32-9 win. The second league match was at home to Yaxham where the club again got another 10-0 (84-33) win, with S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips getting a massive 29-3 win.
You may also want to watch:
The first round of the Norwich Cup saw Wymondham away to Horsford where they picked up a 14-10 (61-59) win. Wins of 6-1 and 6-2 by P King, M Linsdell and B Saunders helped them through to the second round.
- 1 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 5 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 6 Norwich teacher questions home secretary over Covid policy in schools
- 7 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
- 8 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths