Winning start for Wymondham bowls players
Wymondham Short Mat Bowls Club have got off to a great start in the winter season winning three out of the four matches played.
The first was an away first leg match in the Breckland Five Pairs tournament against Carleton Rode.
M Linsdell and C Mann had the biggest winning margin of 10-6 against P Rush and N Davidson in the last session to earn a 43-43 draw going into the second leg at home in November.
In the Breckland League the club's first fixture was away to Harling Recreation where a very satisfying 10-0 (90-44) points win was secured.
P Saunders, M Linsdell and S Phillips led the way with a crushing 32-9 win. The second league match was at home to Yaxham where the club again got another 10-0 (84-33) win, with S Archer, S Foster and D Phillips getting a massive 29-3 win.
You may also want to watch:
The first round of the Norwich Cup saw Wymondham away to Horsford where they picked up a 14-10 (61-59) win. Wins of 6-1 and 6-2 by P King, M Linsdell and B Saunders helped them through to the second round.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 4 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote